Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is it necessary to always bf, solid, bf?

Question Is it necessary to always bf, solid, bf?

Hi everyone,

The way things are starting to work out my son is getting his solids why I'm either away at school or work - I kind of like this because then I can focus on bfing him instead of bfing him and waiting to feed him solids...
    Anyway I was wondering if it was truly necessary to breastfeed, wait an hour to give solids and then breastfeed again right after? Wont that be too much? I want to know if this is necessary because my plan is this, my son usually eats with my mil around 10:30/11am while I'm a work then he'll bf at 12:30pm once I go pick him up. I was thinking that she could feed him strictly at 10 or 10:30 and then give him solids an hour later so that by the time I get there he isn't full from the solid and still wants to eat. I've noticed sometimes he'll hold off on a feeding if he's had solids...

I want to do solids at that specific time too because I've noticed he doesn't eat as much as he used to while I'm away. He used to eat twice, 3oz, around 9am and 11am but now only eats around 11am and only 2oz. So I figure I could make sure he's getting enough through solids which he gets excited about.

Does this sound like a good plan?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

Default Re: Is it necessary to always bf, solid, bf?

Just watch the baby... DO whatever seems right for him and the schedule for any specific day!!!!
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    Just watch the baby... DO whatever seems right for him and the schedule for any specific day!!!!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I dont. I usually feed solids like an hour after I nurse for a second time in the morning! and she isnt looking to nurse/get EBM after a meal for like 2 hrs!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!