Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Fussy baby? Colicky? What I eat? Help please.

Default Fussy baby? Colicky? What I eat? Help please.

Hi, I have a fussy baby. Today has been rough. She does not want to nurse well, very fidgety and pulling off breast. Then she got real fussy and started to cry and flail her arms, etc. I think she is gassy. When she starts fighting, she passes gas. She started this morn at about 5 and finally had a bm at around 2:30. I thought she would be better, but nope. Is it really something Iam eating? How do you tell? I don't eat the same thing everyday. The only thing I do is coffee. One cup in morning. But, yesterday she was fine. So when you eat something, how long does it take to bother baby? Then therer are days when we do great all day then get fussy when we start to go to bed. I am getting so frustrated. I want peaceful nursing sessions. I am having probs with PPD and this is not helping. I am about ready to give up and go to formula.
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months

Default Re: Fussy baby? Colicky? What I eat? Help please.

Forgot to add. She is 5 weeks and we do have plenty of wet diapers and usually BM's.
    [/SIGPIC]FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]Mommy to Haley 6/20/2000- BF- 1 year
    Ella 2/20/2008- BF- 111 months

Quote Originally Posted by Jonna View Post
    Forgot to add. She is 5 weeks and we do have plenty of wet diapers and usually BM's.

I feel your pain... My son was the same and I also had PPD. Think about what you've eaten lately. It could also be Reflux. My son has reflux and he had many of the same things as you are talking about. He didn't ever spit up much, just real fussy like gas, but it was really heartburn.
    Exclusively and every minute of it!!
    SAHM Magic Mama to Rowdy
    Born 10/13/07 ALL NATURAL
    9lbs 10 oz, 21" long

Excited about becoming a LC!!!!!!

at about 5/6 weeks this started for my lo.... it seemed he was straining almost like he wanted a BM, he started going once every day and a half or so, sometimes longer, the ped said as long as it wasn't a hard bm it was fine, we tried the gripe water out of desperation, immediately he seemed to be drunk, i couldn't get him to nurse even, he took a good nap, he did poop a few hours later....we tried it again a day or so later, but i didn't see the same results...on a side note he seemed to like it, I tasted it and it tastes like 7 up or sprite almost, he almost always pooped a few hours after taking it, for what it's worth it only lasted about 2 weeks off and on he'd have good days and bad days...i kept thinking i was a bad mom, some days he'd cry so much i felt like giving up, but it got better and you couldn't pay me to quit now...

btw my ped said she didn't think it was diet, i was eating same thing every day, also coffee 1 cup....

HTH
    Last edited by Lidarln; March 28th, 2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Holy cow, this sounds a LOT like what we are going through. Only thing is Ds wants to nurse a lot today. I know he was gassy yesterday (I had deviled eggs for dinner the day before) but today he's just not happy I've just been holding him a lot and rubbing his back/tummy tring to soothe him. I'm hoping it is a passing thing.