Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Weight Loss Plateau - HELP!!

Default Weight Loss Plateau - HELP!!

I am SO frustrated. I gained 80 lbs during my pregnancy. After returning home from the hospital with my LO I lost over 20 lbs in water weight within a few days. In the past few months I have lost another 20 lbs. I have been stuck as of late though and the scale won't budge! I still have half my weight to lose. I have tried so many things. I have heard that breastfeeding sometimes causes plateaus. Does anyone know a way to get out of this plateau?!?! I know my body might be trying to store fat for the milk... but believe me... there is plenty of fat LOL.

Has anyone hit a plateau and gotten out of it? How?

DS 12/13/07 nursed exclusively 15 mos!!

with DD Due April '10 - Looking forward to and DS having a new playmate!

~ Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music. ~

Default Re: Weight Loss Plateau - HELP!!

I gained 36 lbs w/ my pregnancy (I am a petite woman), and lost 25 lbs QUICKLY. However, the last 11-12 are kind of stuck with me. So I don't know if it's relative to the amount of weight gained during pregnancy or not, but I know I am not getting much exercise. They also say breastfeeding helps you lose weight quickly, but that the last 5-10 lbs will stick around until weaning, assuming you need it to feed your baby. Unfortunately it seems genetics and metabolism is also a factor. I guess I would just try to eat healthy and exercise (wear the baby during housework!!! and on walks!!!). Sorry I don't have better advice, but this is all the information I have found on weight loss post-pregnancy. Good luck, and don't let it get you down. The weight will come off eventually...I guess patience is key