Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Not sure where to put this so...

Default Not sure where to put this so...

Hi!
    I'm a few days away from being 36 weeks pregnant with #4. I didn't even realize until just a couple of days ago that I'm not leaking at all. With the older three, I was wearing nursing pads pretty early into my pregnancies. This time around there is nothing. I can't even express a drop. Is that ok? Will that affect nursing this fourth little one?
    Thank you!!
    Christie

Default Re: Not sure where to put this so...

I have only had one baby... but I didn't leak at all and my breasts have been going good and strong these past seven months!
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

I have not read that leaking was a prerequisite of a healthy supply.

I have also only had one baby, and absolutely nothing was coming out of my breasts until my baby was born (my milk didn't even come in until 5 days pp)... I think you should be fine, especially since you've successfully breastfed your other children! Stay confident, mama!

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

with PP's. Leaking is not a sign, either way, of how BF'ing will work out for you!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

i never leaked at all during pregnancy, but i leaked all through bfing and now that i've weaned I"M STILL LEAKING and it's been 7 mos since i last fed!

so yes, it's possible that your body is just a little different this time. i do'nt think it has anything to do with your milk supply afterward.

hope that helps
    meohmy