Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Donating breast milk?

Default Donating breast milk?

Hi, I have 100+ oz of freshly pumped breast milk from the first 3 weeks of my daughter's life now taking up space in the freezer...space my husband would like back for ice cream! I'm not going to use it since nursing is going well and would like to donate it. Any suggestions of where to donate? I'm located in Palo Alto, CA.

Thanks,
    Abby

Default Re: Donating breast milk?

I donate to www.hmbana.org...the donate to hospitals. contact them and they do a sreen over the phone and send paperwork for you to get blood work. it is a nonprofit org.
    • First time mommy to Alyssa Nicole 7 lbs. 19 3/4 in. born 10/17/07 via c-section.

finally off the since 10/24/08

We made it, 12 months!!!!!!!!

Donated 500 oz. so far, and counting...

2 weeks - 7 lbs 6 oz.
    2 months - 10 lbs.
    4 months - 12 lbs. 3 oz.
    6 months - 14 lbs. 1 oz.
    9 months - 16 lbs. 7 oz.
    12 months - 18 lbs. 10 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa's_mommy View Post
    I donate to www.hmbana.org...the donate to hospitals. contact them and they do a sreen over the phone and send paperwork for you to get blood work. it is a nonprofit org.
    I go with hmbana as well. I really like them. My FIL is a neonatologist and his hospital (UT health science center) uses milk from one of their banks.
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine

I use HMBANA too! I called a place called prolacta (I think that was the name) and they told me that they actually sell the milk to upwards of $30 an oz. That kinda made me sad.
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180