Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: nightmare feeding from right side

Default nightmare feeding from right side

lucas hates feeding from my right breast, he cries and chokes, i have oald on that side only!!! if i block fed would that affect the left side any? or shall i just go with it and let him feed from left side only?

i dont know what to do, he will very occasionally feed from righ side if im lying down and he is across me, but not all the time..... and he tende to be on and off anyway..

and ive a big day out in a cpl weeks, and how can i bf lying down or with him screaming when i try when im out?
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Default Re: nightmare feeding from right side

I had the same problem with my son. What it turned out to be was his neck needed to be adjusted by the chiropractor. It actually hurt him to have his head in that position. Once he was adjusted the battle of getting him to eat on the right side ended. The chiropractor used low impact techniques, not the head turning type of adjustment that is done on adults.

Good luck.

Have you tried expressing milk from that side until the crazy squirting goes down? I have OALD (both sides), and I try to calm it down before giving him the boob.

I don't think the block feeding will help much if its just related to oald. Block feeding assists women with an over supply in reducing the amount of milk. Even with a lower amount of milk available you will still spray. oald is not something you can really do much to stop, it has to do with your milk ejection reflex. Some ideas to consider are leaning backwards against a recliner so that the spray isn't made worse by gravity, unlatching during the actual let down ( probably only a minute or so)and spraying into a cloth diaper or rag. As babies get older they increasingly are able to deal with a rapid flow of milk.

ah, i have had more success with him feeding from that side with me lying down, thank you for help....i just hope he gets better with it soon, as i have family visiting and we had arranged to go to a theme park for a day, so i dont know how i can manahe nip if he is still the same..unless i nurse from the 1 side for that day, but i dont know if that would help or even work anyway..but i have a month to try and work on it...
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start