Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help! - How to heal a bite

Default Help! - How to heal a bite

I am not sure where to put this. I EBF my 9.5 month old son. Somehow he must have bitten me and I didn't notice it at the time. I have a bite mark and chunk missing on one nipple. It hurts so bad when he nurses on it. I've been trying to give that side a break, but I don't want to get engorged or get a clogged duct. It doesn't seem to be healing on it's own. It seems like everytime he nurses on it, it opens back up. Is there anything I can put on the bite to help it heal quicker (that is non-toxic, etc.)? Please help! TIA!

Default Re: Help! - How to heal a bite

Have you tried lanolin? I used it when my lo was teething and bit really hard, but I didn't have a chunk bit out just bleeding so I don't know lanolin would help or not. .
    Proud mom of 2 boys, both weaned gradually and with love.

Find a local LLL leader

For each and every one of us, the person from whom we can learn the most is our own baby: listen to him. - Mary White, LLL co-founder

The best-kept secret in child psychology is that children who were never spanked are among the best behaved."
    Murray Straus, Ph.D.

my book recommended putting breastmilk on the bite mark or if really bad call the dr for a rx. But from a personal POV I have no idea what to do for a chuck that is missing. I would call a dr.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Maybe try Lasinoh and only use a pump on that side for a day or so in order to let it heal?