Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 month - weight check?

Question 4 month - weight check?

We had Jake's 4 month check up today and he weighs onlys 11lbs 6oz. What is the weight that EBF babies should weigh?

Can other moms of 4 month olds post up their babies weights please?

EDIT:

Born: 6lbs 5oz
    1 Month: 8lbs 9oz
    2 Month: 9lbs 5oz
    3 MOnth: 10lbs 9oz
    4 Month: 11lbs 6oz
    Last edited by JakestersMommy; March 18th, 2008 at 11:55 AM.

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Default Re: 4 month - weight check?

I'll go get you a link - but whats MORE important is what has his weight curve been like.... What was his lowest weight, how much has he gained etc - and taking it all into consideration.

Here's the link to info on BF charts
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Here's another link to the WHO chart for breastfed boys. The way I read it, your baby was born small and has stayed small- which is fine, so long as he seems happy and healthy and is meeting his developmental milestones! Are you getting any grief about his size?

Quote Originally Posted by Momma1 View Post
    Here's another link to the WHO chart for breastfed boys. The way I read it, your baby was born small and has stayed small- which is fine, so long as he seems happy and healthy and is meeting his developmental milestones! Are you getting any grief about his size?

Nice and steady growth is a good thing
    (thanks for the weight edit)
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I agree with pp, I think it's his amount of growth, not how big he is. I believe I've heard around double the birth weight at 4mos is really good, and about an oz a day in the first few months as a rough guideline, but everyone's different. My lo was 7lbs 11oz at birth and 16lbs at 4 mos, and ped said she's in the 90th percentile for her age. hth...

My DD was 5lbs 13oz when born. At her 4 month appt she was 14lbs, and 24 inches long.

agree w/ pp... steady wt gain, as long as they are gaining! My dd was 5 pounds 5 oz at birth, and 5 pounds even the day she came home. She is now 6 months...

and weighs in at 14 pounds even. And 26 in long. (lol... she's a shrimp!) Although she is in the 50th percentile for weight, and 75th for height... which is much better than the 3rd percentile (which is where she was at at 4 months)
    I'm Jessi
    Proud mama to Breanah Grace 9/10/07, wife to Eric
    Happily, exclusively BF for 7 months

Thanks my fellow LLL Ladies for the info and both charts!

No one was giving me problelms. The Peds told me she was not conserned persay but wanted to watch his weight as he is not where she would like him to be. We go back in 2 weeks just to make sure he is gaining.

He's totaly fine, healthy, happy as can be and meeting milestones eariler then what is called for

Thanks again!!!

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

From the weights you posted, it looks like that's fine for your baby! As long as he's gaining and not losing and doing well, I don't think it matters what he weighs.

Don't ask me about weight. My "little" boy was 11 lb 2 oz when he was born on January 15, and when we weighed him again today (just to satisfy my own curiosity), he weighed in at 14 lb 2 oz!!! And he's 9 WEEKS OLD! So don't worry about weight... If you just went by weight as an indicator, my little man should be on a diet! Hahahaa!

My DD just went in for her 4 mo appt today (she's actually 4.5 mo old) and she weighs 11lb, 2.5 oz. At birth she was 6 lb, 12 oz.

I was worried but the dr. was ok with it, he said as long as she's following a curve she's ok. she's at the bottom of the curve, but she hasn't fallen off of it!