Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Chicken pox

Default Chicken pox

All the kids at the creche where my dd goes are getting chicken pox. I had chicken pox as a kid so I have the antibodies. I was just wondering if my dd will get it or not as she is still bfing and getting my antibodies. I would love to hear of any similar experiences.
    Mummy to sweet little Roselyne, born 20 Dec 2006 and Baby Arthur born 4 Aug 2008

Default Re: Chicken pox

I would think at the age she is she may not get the full benefit of the antibodies from you. If she were younger, maybe. the pox are most contagious before the rash appears so she's already been exposed... for at least a few days depending on how many days she is there....

Keep an eye on her and maybe, if she gets them, it'll be mild :

ETA this link from askDrSears.com
    Last edited by Number3; March 18th, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.