Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: poop problem-out of the diaper

Default Re: poop problem-out of the diaper

We too had the BM poopies that made you act like a swat team when you heard them, we really had to move quickly to get Thomas changed before we had to wash everything. Anyway, we used swaddlers and LOVED them, and now I LOVE them even more after their new commercial.

Also, the swaddlers go to cruisers at stage 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittan
    Also, the swaddlers go to cruisers at stage 3.
    I know ... I was so upset when Adeline grew out of the stage 2 and we couldn't wear Swaddlers any more. I haven't cared for the Cruisers. We have been Pampers devotees, but recently tried the Costco brand of nappies (Kirkland Signature), and are really liking them. And they don't have Disney or TV based cartoon characters on them, which I like. They have a nice soft, wide elastic waistband that goes around the back and sides, and work really well preventing leaks. And they are cheaper ... always a plus!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

i just have to weigh in on this one! working at daycare for 3 yrs, i have to say that pampers cruisers are the best. but when youre talking about the poop coming out the back, i have to say that actually huggies SUPREME work very well, they have an extra elastic band around the back. they have to be the supreme ones though because the regular huggies suck!

Our son seems to outgrowing this problem, or its at least getting better. It still tries to escape out the back sometimes, but usually doesn't quite make it anymore. We were devote swaddlers users, but our big boy outgrew them by 3.5 months. We now use the cruisers, he's in size three. I also agree they are the best- and I've had friends with older children echo this sentiment. As far as huggies go, the only other brand we've tried, even the supreme, when you held one of those up with a pampers diaper of the same size (we did this with both newborn and size one), the pampers are simply taller. And diapering him so that it comes up pretty high in the back helps too. Make sure that when you yank on the onesie or whatnot to snap it it doesn't crunch down the top of the diaper! And when it does leak, I can't say it enough- OxyClean Baby.

I have half-way thought about just duct-taping that diaper around the waistband! Well, not seriously but man! Someone should market a wide, comfortable tape for sensitive skin to tape that diaper down to their back so you don't have the squirties all over the place!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleynjacy
    Does anyone know why baby's poop comes out of the back of the diaper?? My baby's poo always gets all over her back and clothes. Do cloth diapers help with this???
    Yes. Cloth diapers with a diaper cover virtually eliminates "Crap up the back". In fact I was horrified that there was even a term for it! I get so used to never having to deal with it that the one time I did, it was very tramatic for me. ( He had on such a cute outfit...and I was not used to the feeling of having to deal with a poo "emergency". And out in public ugh!!) In the rare occasion that we leave the house in a 'sposie, I put his diaper cover over them any way. Incdentally the brand I have in the house is pampers cruisers size 3. I bought 1 bag of 54 in june (on sale) and expect them to last me till he grows out of them and I don't trust them at all! Whenever he sits up on his change table, no matter how tight I get the sides I can always see his butt crack. I figured the reason I got them on sale is because they were discontinuing them because of a faulty design!

Is there somewhere where I can purchase cloth diapers and covers??? Can I buy them at a store or do I need to order them from the internet?>>??

http://fuzzibunzstore.com/

I got mine at this store. They have free shipping for orders over $45 and I got mine on two business days, plus the pocket diapers come with free inserts and they have excellent customer service.

I've been using cd for only a week and I love them, plus they're so colorful and super cute. They are expensive at first but when you crunch numbers you'll end up saving hundreds of dollars.

Has anybody else tried out the new G Diapers? They are flushable and you can even compost the wet ones and they degrade in a couple months. If anyone is interested I have a few size small (6-12 pounds) refill boxes left over and the covers starter kit unused since she grew out of them and we had to get the next size up before we were able to use them. Just send me a message if you want them!

G Diapers

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon