Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: poop problem-out of the diaper

Default poop problem-out of the diaper

Does anyone know why baby's poop comes out of the back of the diaper?? My baby's poo always gets all over her back and clothes. Do cloth diapers help with this???

Default Re: poop problem-out of the diaper

When my DD was younger we had that problem a lot too. We were mystified as to how all that poo could just completely bypass the nappie and end up all over her back and clothes instead. I think when they are younger and lying down all the time it makes it go in that direction? Since our girl has been sitting up and crawling around the poo seems to stay put inside the nappie where it belongs most of the time. If you are using disposable nappies I know they have some brands that have an elastic waist band around the back too which would help keep it in!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

We had this problem BIG-TIME! We changed clothes several times a day. When we sent her to daycare, she always came home in different outfit than the one I sent her in

Maya began to outgrow this at about 5 months-weird how the poop mysteriously began staying where it should!!

She sits up already and she still gets the poop on her...everyday. She is almost 6 months old. WHat is better, disposable or cloth for this problem??

I use huggies and I have that problem ALL the time! I have a friend who uses swaddlers and she swears by them for keeping the poo in. I'll try them and report back if you wish.

The swaddlers were the only diapers that solved my problems with that as well! I love them!

I use Huggies right now, but had decided to use Pampers after their new commercial. I have at least 1-2 poo leaks per day. But I am seriously considering cloth. Everyone I know that uses cloth says they never have leaks. I have to change bb clothes at least 1-2 times a day and about 3 out of 5 days a week i have to change my original outfit b/c the poo gets on me too. The CD Mom's i've asked say the elastic on CD's is higher quality and more form fitting than dispoables so it holds in more. WOW, BF poos are sooooooooo messy & runny!

We use cloth, and we never have leaks!

We use swaddlers here! No more leaks I will say I like the swaddlers better than the other types of dipaers by pampers tho, so I hope my dd gets her poo problems under control before we have to leave swaddlers in a few months - I'm pretty sure they only go thru size 2.

Yup, only through size 2!

I have found if I diaper her a little off kilter, lower in the front than in the back I can contain the poop-splosions!
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...