Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20/20 having special on bf'ing tonight...

Exclamation 20/20 having special on bf'ing tonight...

There is a text version of the story on the website. Don't have a link but it is www.abcnews.com

Default Re: 20/20 having special on bf'ing tonight...

That's funny. I was just getting on the forum to tell eveyone! I believe the discussion is.......why is bfing so hard?
    It should be interesting!!

what time is that special on?

It's on @ 10:00pm on ABC where I live in Georgia. Assume that would be the same for you.

9:00 pm in Texas. You can search for TV listings on Yahoo yo find out what time in your town

I didn't get to see it.. how was it?

Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

I personally thought the commercials were funny with the pregnant woman riding a mechanical bull and doing log rolling. In my opinion people are taking that commercial too personal. I do agree bf is not for every woman and some women do not have the patience to get through all the trying times. If I had not had my son and I saw that commercial, it would not "SCARE" me into bf.

Here is the link http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2188066&page=1.

I read the story. I didn't see it on 20/20. The story really doesn't say much that we as breastfeeding mothers don't know. America has a long way to come in accepting and supporting breastfeeding moms. It also talks about how the ads make mothers who have chosen formula feel quilty. We all know breastfeeding is best, whether we choose do it or not. It's not the ad making the mom feel quilty. She already felt quilty. I had so much soreness and developed mastitis with my first baby, but that isn't why I switched to formula. It was a lack of support and lack of knowledge about where to find support. Of course I felt quilty. Now that I know how to find support, I hope to help spread the word so that fewer moms have to feel quilty. The story does go on to say that it is that lack of support that the ads need to focus on.