Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When will HE recognize the signs?

Default Re: When will HE recognize the signs?

My DD is almost 6 months old now, and even though my prep-time is very fast, it's still not fast enough for her! I am also hoping soon that she will see me preparing to feed her and will get the message that food is coming!

My DD also gets frustrated if I talk while she's nursing... she will pop off and give me this look like "Can't you be quiet, woman? I'm trying to eat here!" I have taken to whispering softly and/or using my hands to talk to DH to get the message across! Also DH knows DD is easily distracted so he usually won't talk too loud near her when she's nursing...
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by buff24 View Post
    My DD also gets frustrated if I talk while she's nursing... she will pop off and give me this look like "Can't you be quiet, woman? I'm trying to eat here!"

My DD does the exact same thing! It is so funny! I occasionally play with my i-pod's solitare game when I nurse her and she will unlatch, look at me, look back at the game, then look at me again as if saying "um excuse me, you are supposed to be focusing ALL your attention on ME!" Too cute!
    since day 1 (Sept '07) !!! so Daddy can feed Mia while I'm at work! because we both love it!

I my Husband and Daughter!!!!

My DD is 4 1/2 months and she is a stinker when it comes to eating time! She also goes from happy to po'd in a split second. I have really had to be ready to pop in the boob very quickly.
    She is a very impatient eater - even today, when she was getting a medicine via mouth @ the doctor's office, she grabbed the medicine from the nurse to shove it in her mouth!

My LO is 7 mos and she still does this..lol

Yeah, I don't think my LO gets it about where the milk is coming from yet. Sometimes as she's waking, she'll get this pained look on her face as if to say: 'I have a nagging slight ache in my belly and need it to go away now please'. She tries to latch on to anything and everyone. My shoulder, Daddy's wrist, Aunt's shirt, she's not picky. And if Daddy walks in the room while eating, she unlatches and doesn't care a bit about eating, she's gotta look at him...AWWW.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    I would say that if your child is sensitive, you may want to practice recognizing his cues to you SOONER. YOU will get to a point where getting all of the "prep" done will take less than one minute, (Seriously) but in the mean time as soon as you see ANY QUE you should react because it's actually a very common problem that a child who is "too hungry" can't be settled enough to eat. You don't want that to happen!
    I have a "touchy" or "sensitive" little boy, and when I miss tired and hungry cues, it's the same problem. I set him down on the boppy, and he's arching and opening his mouth before I can get my shirt up! He then protests loudly when the boob isn't there yet, even though it only takes a few seconds of waiting. Check for hunger before he gets fussy (if he's sucking on fists, rooting, sticking out his tongue). Mine is impatient no matter what. I just calmly talk to him and smile at his goofy looking antics as he's waiting to eat! As long as he's eating OK, all is well.

Quote Originally Posted by buff24 View Post
    My DD is almost 6 months old now, and even though my prep-time is very fast, it's still not fast enough for her! I am also hoping soon that she will see me preparing to feed her and will get the message that food is coming!

My DD also gets frustrated if I talk while she's nursing... she will pop off and give me this look like "Can't you be quiet, woman? I'm trying to eat here!" I have taken to whispering softly and/or using my hands to talk to DH to get the message across! Also DH knows DD is easily distracted so he usually won't talk too loud near her when she's nursing...
    Yep, nursing is a very touchy thing sometimes, it seems like mine needs total serenity to nurse...no talking on the phone, I talk very softly to DH. If he even blows his nose, my LO pops off! It's a crazy thing.

Cool Re: When will HE recognize the signs?

Quote Originally Posted by GageWsMom View Post
    I would start writing down the time when he eats....
    did that, but he is only consistent with 4 of his daily feedings

I actually find it semi amusing. It seems like just as I lay him on the pillow in my lap, his legs start kicking and he starts grunting, and by the time I have the boob out(30 seconds, I swear), hes whining already!
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987

My son is 10 months old and he still gets impatient. I actually think he gets more impatient when he sees the preperation. He is the same way with solids. I start making the meal and the scream of hunger begins. I've even tried putting him in his playpen in the other room while I heat up his food. He hears the microwave and it's all over!

My son was impatient in that way for a while. Now it's changed a bit--he's still impatient, but he doesn't really flip out anymore. (He's 4 mos old.) He sees that I'm getting ready to nurse him, and he dives for me, but he has no control of his diving yet, so that can be interesting. Once I get him on my lap or the boppy, he roots at my tummy while I get my shirt up. He's drooling like CRAZY the whole time. And now he laughs for a second, cries for a second, laughs for a second, until he latches on. When he latches, he makes a little grunty piggy noise and wrinkles up his nose. It is so cute it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it!

So, the short answer is, I have no idea. Mine is still impatient. But funnier with age!
    Stephanie, mom to Jaime Hoban 11/04/07 and Annika Jayne 12/21/09

We . . . no room in the bed for more!

We love our cloth diapers!