Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will HE recognize the signs?

Cool When will HE recognize the signs?

I read this somewhere, but I don't remember where, nor the answer.

It seems as though he gets really mad when he's made to wait for the breast. If I have to prop up the pillow, get my shirt up, work the bra clasp, get him situated, then put him on, by the time I get to that last step, he's squirming, getting fussy, and nearly crying, in a panic because the milk isn't there yet! I understand he's hungry, but sheesh, kid!

So around what age does he calm down when he sees what I'm doing and recognizes it as dinner preparation instead of steaming because I'm not moving fast enough?

Soon would be nice!
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987

Default Re: When will HE recognize the signs?

I would say that if your child is sensitive, you may want to practice recognizing his cues to you SOONER. YOU will get to a point where getting all of the "prep" done will take less than one minute, (Seriously) but in the mean time as soon as you see ANY QUE you should react because it's actually a very common problem that a child who is "too hungry" can't be settled enough to eat. You don't want that to happen!

Way too lazy for formula

i have noticed recently, not sure if it is coincidence..but happens to often i think..but as soon as i start to unclasp bra and get into position etc he calms down, he only started doing it this week and he 8 weeks old...ive also noticed the last cpl of days when he is hungry he does stare at my chest area quite intently sometimes as if willing the top to go so he can get to the food..it is quite funny tbh, he looks like he is concentrating really hard!!
    Samantha ---- Mom to Lucas, born 19th Jan 2008..and Georgia, born 8th June 2009
    Lucas 8lbs 1oz born at 42 weeks..now 27lbs at 20 months....bf exclusivly till 10 months then partly till self weaning at 17 months
    Georgia 8lbs 12oz born at 39+4 now 14lbs 5oz at 14 weeks...bfing going strong despite a shaky start

Quote Originally Posted by samj View Post
    i have noticed recently, not sure if it is coincidence..but happens to often i think..but as soon as i start to unclasp bra and get into position etc he calms down, he only started doing it this week and he 8 weeks old...ive also noticed the last cpl of days when he is hungry he does stare at my chest area quite intently sometimes as if willing the top to go so he can get to the food..it is quite funny tbh, he looks like he is concentrating really hard!!
    He is totally using his Jedi Mind powers. And THEY WORK!

Way too lazy for formula

Cool Re: When will HE recognize the signs?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ's Mom View Post
    you may want to practice recognizing his cues to you SOONER.
    I've tried! He goes from 0 to hungry in less than 10 seconds! It already only takes me just a minute to do all the prep, bet by the time I finish, he's past ready...
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987

I would start writing down the time when he eats....after a few days/week you will probably have a pattern that may help you beat him to the punch so to speak. but my LO was a few months old before he relaxed at all about food.....and that wasnt much
    Danielle

Mom to Gage 12/28/06

Wife to Trinity 6/21/03 my best friend

ed for year, finally done!!!!
    for more than a year now!

Quote Originally Posted by GageWsMom View Post
    I would start writing down the time when he eats....after a few days/week you will probably have a pattern that may help you beat him to the punch so to speak. but my LO was a few months old before he relaxed at all about food.....and that wasnt much
    Ohhhh This is a good Idea~!

Way too lazy for formula

Mine actually gets the most impatient when he sees me working on getting ready to nurse him. I've taken to leaving the nursing cover strap threaded and surreptitiously unsnapping my bra cup through my shirt so he doesn't notice so soon
    ~~~~ ~~~~
    Iryssa(24), DH(27)

DS born Sept. 21 '07, 8.5lbs
    Nursed for the last time Oct. 20 '08

DD born Jan. 20, '09, 8lbs 14oz

http://healthymomnbaby.blogspot.com/
    http://www.xanga.com/iryssa

Quote Originally Posted by Iryssa View Post
    Mine actually gets the most impatient when he sees me working on getting ready to nurse him. I've taken to leaving the nursing cover strap threaded and surreptitiously unsnapping my bra cup through my shirt so he doesn't notice so soon
    Yes, little tricks like these do wonders. My son is especially impatient when I pick him up from work even if he isn't hungy. I will usually unsnap my bra and start lifting my t-shirt before I lay him down so that all I have to do is lay down and latch him on. Of course, this is if we at home.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

DD is about 3 weeks older than yours, and I've noticed that in the past couple of weeks DD seems to know what I'm doing... her eyes open really big and her mouth forms this little "O" and she starts making these sounds, "Oh oh oh" like she can barely contain her excitement!

But she still gets a little angry if I take too long. She also really gets mad and cries if I try to talk to DH while she is nursing, unless I whisper. So strange.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.