Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Thyroiditis and low milk supply

Question Thyroiditis and low milk supply

I am pregnant with our second I nursed our oldest until he was 9 months old. It was very difficult, especially in the beginning because I really didn't seem to store much milk and I could not pump, either. He nursed quite frequently, pretty much non-stop for the first 3 months. I'll gladly do the same thing with the second because I truly believe he benfitted so much. But does anyone know if there is anything I can do while pregnant which may help milk supply. I took Fenugreek while nursing and tried Reglan but I had a problem with fatigue and depression while taking it which cleared when I stopped taking it so that's out of the question. Thanks

Default Re: Thyroiditis and low milk supply

maybe educate your self on how to know if the baby is getting the milk he needs.
    How many wet diapars, weight gain ect..
    it wouldn't hurt to go to a few lll meetings and get to know a leader who can help you after the baby is born. Have some good support lined up before the baby comes.

This second baby might just not have the problems that you had with your older one or a whole diffent set. Thats just the way that babies are.
    You might start by reading the womanly art of breastfeeding.. its a good book.