Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: problem with solids...HELP

Default problem with solids...HELP

DD is 8 months old. She has been taking solids very well for a little over a month. I do make my own baby food ( except for the meat...just cant get that pureed good enough yet).

Anyway dd is teething and now will NOT eat homemade baby food!! She initially had store bought when we first started solids just so we could try oe thing at a time. when we found out she liked something I then made it. She did not have a problem eating anything I made and now all of a sudden she is deciding all she likes that I make is the fruit. She will NOT eat my peas, g beans, sw pot etc!!! Help!! Anyone else have this problem? Suggestions?? I do use wholeosmebabyfood.com but didnt see anything there. HELP! maybe just a phase??

Default Re: problem with solids...HELP

Well some babies never take to purees, so it's not odd that she seems to be pulling away from them at this age.... She might be ready to start self feeding 'solid' solids You know whole, finger-able foods. Here's a list with some ideas
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Default Re: problem with solids...HELP

my 9 month old refuses the spoon most of the time unless its applesauce... She prefers to eat off our plate or our fingers or to feed herself. She doesn't like purees either.
    At 8 months try doing small chunks of soft food like banana or kiwi etc.. use your finger to put it in her mouth or spead it out on her high chair tray and her her practice her pincer grasp.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!