Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Safe infertility meds

Default Safe infertility meds

Hi everyone,
    I conceived my twins using HMG (Repronex) and HCG injections. They are now 14 months old and I would like to have another baby in the near future. I know that I will have to use infertility meds again since I do not ovulate on my own. I am happily nursing my twins and cannot imagine weaning them until they are ready. Do any of you know if these meds are safe while nursing or where I can look to find out if they are safe?
    Thank you,
    Amy

P.S. I think this forum is great, I have noticed how there has been a huge shift in support of me nursing once my twins turned one years old (from doctors and extended family). It is nice to be able to come here and read about other mothers who have made the same choice to nurse their toddlers.

Default Re: Safe infertility meds

Here are two terrific resources:
    Medications and Mothers' Milk
    Lactmed database

Remember to use the medication name, not the brand name, when searching. If you don't know the medication name, usually a quick Google search on the brand name will lead you to the medication name.

I would also like to encourage you to contact your local LLL Leader. She would be able to look up medications for you, and possibly print off information for you that you could then share with your doctor.

Congrats to you! Nursing twins into toddlerhood is a true accomplishment!

Default Re: Safe infertility meds

Thank you so much