Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Is this poop smell normal?

Default Is this poop smell normal?

1 yo DD's diaper last night was abnormally smelly. It wasn't completely awful, but worse than normal since the intro of solids - and it was just a little smellier - the consistency was normal. I did give her some cow's milk earlier in the day - maybe a couple of ounces... She's had small amounts of cm before but this and no bad smellies before, but I don't know?

I know I've heard that formula fed babies poops smell bad, but I don't know?

should her poop smell a little worse when she drinks cow's milk? This isn't a sign of an allergy is it?
    Kerry - first time mom to Isabella Grace 3/2/07

Still nursing at 16 months, working, and trying to balance my life!

Default Re: Is this poop smell normal?

I wouldn't think that's a sign of an allergy. I do know that somethings just smell worse than others. The corned beef my son had over the weekend for St. Pats day was just horrible! I was told meats stink worse than anything and I know from changing my neices and nephews diapers that formula poop really does stink much worse than breastmilk poop. And since formula is basically just cows milk, I would think that would stink, too.
    Mom of 1, AJ born 4/12/07

that some things just stink worse than others!
    I'm proud to be first woman in my family to breastfeed!
    cloth diapering convert!
    Loving the homemade baby food!

Sometimes I actually gag cleaning up DS poop it stinks so bad. I wouldn't be concerned.
    Loving mama to S - 11/06, and F - 1/09