Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sippy cup suggestions

Default Re: sippy cup suggestions

thats what I used too.. cups with out the values in them.

this was hard for me to as Michael stopped taking a bottle ( while I was at work) at 10 months... He would only drink on tap and from a cup held by an adult. I bought so many different sippy cups- including the Nuby. Well, Michael wouldn't have it. Then, around 10.5 - 11 months, he started drinking from a straw!!! So, we use those straw cups...
    Proud Mommy to Michael who is 3 now! Michael was nurseynursed for 2 years!!
    I did not make up this persona, but if I did, I would make myself 50 pounds lighter and 5 years younger!!!!

We like the new Nuk sippy cup!
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Quote Originally Posted by NolaMomma View Post
    So just let her sip from a regular soft cup? Like a flexible plastic? Sorry if I'm not following. My 2 yr. old just started drinking from a regular cup, she's been on a sippy for a while now.

Yeah the flexible plastic, kind of like the cups that they give kids when you go out to eat? I like those too because they have lids that you can put a regular straw in and then throw the straw away. I've seen them in stores, not sure who makes them sorry!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Hi there,

I was about to ask the very same question re: cups - tried to look the Nuby cups up but can't find anywhere that sells them online. Where do you get yours?

THanks
    Bev

I have tried a lot of them and found the nuby good as well as the take & toss --even though I reuse them. My ped suggested to just put a few ice cubes in and let your LO play with it. Also on the nuby if you squeeze it in their mouth, a tiny bit of the liquid will shoot in --giving them the idea. Then one day they are drinking out of it! Good luck.
    Proud first time Mom and wife at 40 and loving it. Made it BF to 1 year and going strong.

The nuby one was a good idea, but too heavy when full enough for her to easily tip to drink from. I found a very similar Munchkin one (checked it out, good kind of plastic), that is smaller and easier to tip.

She is just now (11 months) starting to pick it up. We are using water since I'm not about to waste that much bm.

I know my friend got us the nuby cups and the Avent ones (that work with all the Avent stuff) because she liked those ... it will be a while for us, though ...

When I went back to work after having the summer off (I'm a teacher) DS refused the bottle. He was about 7 months. We found out by accident that he new how to suck from a straw. So we began using a straw and a cup. Eventually, he switched to the Nuby sippy cup - less of a mess than a cup and straw!! The only problem with the Nuby sippy is that DS somehow "breaks" the plastic nipple part that makes it spill proof. So they need to be replaced after awhile.

Hi, I'm Allison

Mama to Henry Carl 12/28/06

7lbs, 15 oz, 20.5 in
    Breastfed for 20 months!

Mama to Ryan Thomas 11/20/08
    8lbs, 7 oz, 21 in
    Breastfed for 30 months!
    Mama to angel 4/03, Mama to angel 12/05

Feb TBTTW 33.1/70

For Nuby users, did that not create any latch issues? I thought they had to bite it to get liquid out. Homegirl has 5 teeth and she already crunches on my nips a little too much!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.