Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sippy cup suggestions

Default sippy cup suggestions

Gosh, I probably asked this question when Kate was a baby, but can anyone recommend a good sippy cup that is compatible with a breastfed baby? I don't want anything that will interfere with her latch, which she is struggling with as the top two central incisors break through.

Norah has never had a bottle, but I want to introduce a sippy cup, b/c quite frankly, Mama needs a break without stressing to be back in two hours!

Any ideas?
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Default Re: sippy cup suggestions

Would you (or whoever might have to clean the mess) be opposed to trying a soft cup? Maybe even a soft straw cup (might be a little less messy) could work.
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by LLLJessica View Post
    Would you (or whoever might have to clean the mess) be opposed to trying a soft cup? Maybe even a soft straw cup (might be a little less messy) could work.
    Sure!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

I know several babies who've went from breast to cup (with no bottles or sippys) I've never heard anything negative about a cup!
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

So just let her sip from a regular soft cup? Like a flexible plastic? Sorry if I'm not following. My 2 yr. old just started drinking from a regular cup, she's been on a sippy for a while now.

The Nuby spouts are very soft and flexible, on all models. I don't like their straw option because I can't ever get the straw out or in to clean it. My mom bought him a Gerber straw cup and the straw is soft, it comes out easily.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I use Born Free.

It's safe plastic and Elliott loves it.

Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility. ~ Kate Douglas Wiggin

We do the Nuby too (the soft spout, not the straw), and have had no problems.

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Clare's Mum is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

We have tried a lot of sippy cups with no luck. Clare refuses to suck so we have taken the stopper out so when she turns them up they just run into her mouth. Yes it is a little messy but it works.