Re: Pumping not keeping up with baby's demand
I had the same issues and this link helped..
Originally Posted by LLLTiana
I was only geting 4 - 6 oz from 3-4 pump sessions....
Now I managed to get 8-12 in the same sessions... I am away from him for approx. 12hrs.
- taking fenugreek and drinking mother's milk tea off and on
- upgraded to a double pump
- drink fluids at each nursing/pumping session (wasn't drinking enough)
- gave myself time to relax b4 pumping
- called and listen to lo cry/coo/yell while I was pumping (makes letdowns faster/more frequent)
- eating oatmeal at least once a day. (found an awesome recipe for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies)
I still have to supplement but not as much as I did and I am hoping that as I try adjust my schedule I will be able to add sessions at home. I only pump at work now
Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)