Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Spending a few days away..

Default Spending a few days away..

I know i'm getting ahead of myself, but I need some advice!
    here is what is going on..
    My sister is getting married in June. She has recently decided to move the wedding to Arizona (her in laws live there). So I need to decide before I buy tickets, if I am going to go alone, or take Cooper.
    My goal is to have Cooper weaned, or close to, by 18months. He will be 17 months in june. I would love to have Cooper, and DH for that matter, come with me, but with our upcoming purchase of a house, I'd like to spend the miniumal amount of money that I can. So I was thinking about flying in the night before, and leaving after the wedding.
    After all of this rambling, do you think spending a night or two away from me will 'force' him to wean? Like I said, I would like to have him weaned around 18 months, but if he is just not ready, am I going to hurt him in some way by not being there for 2 days? I'm really nervous, but I think it will be easier for me to just go there with out him, less stressful.
    What do you think?

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Default Re: Spending a few days away..

I don't think spending one or even two nights away will "force" him to wean.

I also don't think you'll harm him by not being there. make sure, thuogh you pump so you don't cause any infection troubles for yourself, if you choose to go with out him

have fun - with either choice you make
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

It absolutely will not force him to wean!
    I went away for the first time from my 2 1/2 year old nursling last September for essentially 3 nights. When I crawled into bed on the third she said (in her sleep) 'den' and latched on!
    It also went really well for DH, without the temptation of the boob, she didn't miss it.
    :-)
    Go and enjoy yourself!

Thank you ladies! I feel better about it already. And i didnt even think about pumping, so I am so glad you mentioned that Eme. Sometimes i wonder where my mind is

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!

Quote Originally Posted by hlstevens View Post
    Thank you ladies! I feel better about it already. And i didnt even think about pumping, so I am so glad you mentioned that Eme. Sometimes i wonder where my mind is
    with the pumping.

BTW- I checked my brain at the door after coming home w/DD1!!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Sorry, but I'm going through the same thing... but my lo will only be 7 months old... won't it affect supply?

mum2girlz, I would think if you pumped that would help maintain your supply! Also, I think it would return again pretty quickly when you got home.