Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Way more milk on one side

Default Way more milk on one side

I've always had one breast a little larger than the other, but it seems to be getting more noticable. Also when I pump, I'm getting about twice as much milk from the larger one. Is there anyway to balance this out?? When I wake up the larger one is much more engorged and feels like a baseball sometimes. And suggestions would be great, seem like everyday it gets a little worse. I think I'm doing something wrong here...

I've been bf'ing now for 8 weeks and this is sort of a new thing. My son has been doing some funny latching things lately...could this be causing the imbalance or is it a result...confused???

Default Re: Way more milk on one side

Check out this page from kellymom.com. Lopsidedness is common and usually correctable.

I have the same problem plus bad oald on the big production side. For me what works is to nurse twice on the high producer and then once on the other. Sometimes I will pump the low side while I nurse the other. HTH!

Chelsea

I'm going to try some of those suggestion for a few days...lets see if I can get things to even out

me too... dh calls them the snack boob and dinner boob

I have the same problem too... i call one slow flow and one fast flow... I've tried the nursing on the faster side twice, but the problem comes at night when DD sleeps for 6 hours....

Tina - mom of Addison Belle
    12/11/07
    5lbs 13oz - 18in

and my VBAC ~ Olivia Grace
    9/12/09
    6lbs 8z - 18.5in