Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what would you do

Default what would you do

I got AF today my Lo is 10 weeks. The thing is DH has been sleeping with DD2 and if she starts grunting he gives her the binki. She sleeps from 11:30pm to 6 or 7am. Sometimes its 5am..he just brings her to me when she starts to fuss. And I nurse her on and off till like 10am ..then we get up. I was thrilled b/c we had a lot of sleep issue w/ dd1. Now I feel like maybe I should just nurse her thu the night when she starts grunting ect..its just that I wasn't sleeping much at all. BUT if that's whats she needs then should I have just been doing that? Does she need me to nurse her if she isn't crying? I feel like now that AF is back its just too soon and I did something wrong. Like my body is saying...oh you are done with the hard part and ready for another one??? Which btw I am so not. What would you do?
    karin

wife to the best guy... anthony
    BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07
    and mom to my first love.... 3 fur babies

Default Re: what would you do

also when will my supply go back up...it seems to be slightly down esp when I pump for DD1
    karin

BF~PTCD'ing~ co-sleeping~ babywearing~organic eating mom to adorable anneliese 9/27/06 and sweet little melania 12/22/07

My LO is 4 days behind yours 12/26 and I got AF the 7th week after he was born. I nurse mine almost every 2-4 hours (usually 3 times during the night starting at 10 until 7 a.m.). I know mine is AF because I'm working on my 2nd cycle 27 days later. You could have just overdone it and have some lochia - if you cycle again, you can count on AF being back.
    In any case, I don't think you've done anything wrong. If your LO is having plenty of wet and poopy diapers and is gaining weight then you are doing right. Sounds like she has a power feast first thing in the morning!
    If you don't want to get pregnant, I suggest BC asap! I got a non hormonal IUD.

My supply went down for about 2 days. It was down one night... the following night I almost felt engorged. I ate lots of oatmeal, though. Not sure if that has a whole lot to do with it, but I hear it does.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by Charissalynn; March 12th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Thanks chrissalynn.... so leave it as is? DH was pretty happy at the thought of sleeping in bed again.
    karin

Have you started any hormonal birth control? Sometimes that will cause AF to come back.

Some mom's will also get a phantom period, although this is usually the sign that AF is back in full force sometime soon. Is it spotting or the full deal with cramping?

If things are working good for you now then you don't have to change, it wouldn't guarantee that AF would go away either I'm afraid.

I'm sorry this is no fun I'm sure!
    Last edited by @llli*LLLJessica; March 12th, 2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: hugs
    Jessica
    LLL Leader

Breastfeeding is an instinctual and natural act, but it is also an art that is learned day by day.

Visit LLL of Ashburn PM's Blog!

Honestly Karin...and this probably isn't going to be the popular answer...but we did the same thing. Once he was past 8 weeks...I always at least tried the paci first. If he was really hungry...he wouldn't take it and would demand to eat. BUT...more times than not he'd take the paci and happily go back to sleep. SO...if its working for you...then I'd say do it. It certainly worked for us and was a necessity as I went back to babysitting triplets full time at just 3 weeks pp.

What did you decide for BC? I think I'm going to get Mirena IUD so we don't have to worry about AF or number 3 just yet!

I HAVEN'T decided yet...I really wish my stupid OB would do an IUD...I hate to have to search and go else where ect. So far its just spotting..no cramps. This sucks ... I have a race sat too. Can you tell I have a case of the grumpys....it prob IS AF..dang it. DH was so happy he got clearence to sleep in the bed, he is already snoring away. I swear I want to choke him at night. I do everything short of smothing him to get him to stop and it only works for a second. I even put breathe rights on him in his sleep..that is my only hope. he wakes up and is like ....hey howd that get there...I dunno maybe the little snoring fairies flew in and smashed it on your face...lord knows its a wonder I didn't see them...well with BEING KEPT UP WITH YOUR SNORING and all.
    karin

Quote Originally Posted by mastiffkarin View Post
    he wakes up and is like ....hey howd that get there...I dunno maybe the little snoring fairies flew in and smashed it on your face...lord knows its a wonder I didn't see them...well with BEING KEPT UP WITH YOUR SNORING and all.
    LMAO! Hugs to you - AF sucks this early on for you. Hopefully it's just spotting and not the real deal.
    Last edited by Sherri H.; March 12th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

argggg now I don't know. I haven't had anymore spotting since like 7pm last night.
    Thanks Sheri...how is your LO doing?
    karin

Quote Originally Posted by TexasMommy View Post
    Honestly Karin...and this probably isn't going to be the popular answer...but we did the same thing. Once he was past 8 weeks...I always at least tried the paci first. If he was really hungry...he wouldn't take it and would demand to eat. BUT...more times than not he'd take the paci and happily go back to sleep. SO...if its working for you...then I'd say do it. It certainly worked for us and was a necessity as I went back to babysitting triplets full time at just 3 weeks pp.

What did you decide for BC? I think I'm going to get Mirena IUD so we don't have to worry about AF or number 3 just yet!
    You are a trooper..watching 3 w/ your own 3 week old!
    karin