When my baby was 8 weeks, I got a bad breast infection and had to go to the hospital for an IV of antibiotics overnight. Last January when he was 6 months, I got a plugged duct and an infection. Since then I have been having a really bad crack on my left breast, so painful that I can barely brestfeed on this side. Last Thursday I woke with 105 fever!!! ended in the hospital for 4 days with a breast infection again....it was so hard not to see my little guy for 4 days, very depressing for me and I am so tired as well
I have several questions for you:
1. how can I get rid of this crack that is killing me?
2. did I have a yeast infectin in fact on the left side where I had the crack?
3. my mom and my husband would like me to stop breastfeeding, but I don't think that I am ready to stop...what can I say to them?
4. why I am getting so many infections? am I doing something wrong?
5. I am taking Dicloxicilin, it is killing my stomac so bad...I tried zantac but ended vomiting...I tried ginger ale (it is working a little bit) but my stomac is so painful, any advice? I need to continue this antibiotic.
Thank you so much in advance for your help and support.
Celine (Pierre, 9 months )