Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: 11 month old won't eat some days

Default 11 month old won't eat some days

I know this type of question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it. It seems some days my son won't eat anything. I know he's hungry because he tries to nurse constantly and he fusses like he's hungry, but I put him in the high chair and he won't let me put the spoon in his mouth and he won't pick up the food from his tray. Other days it's all fine. He's really starting to show his opinions on food and I just REFUSE to be the short order cook mom or the mom who says, "my child won't eat anything but goldfish crackers and fruit rollups, so that's what I give." I put a variety of healthy, reasonable fruits, veggies and grains in front of him at every meal and some days he just refuses to have anything to do with it. My milk supply is not what it used to be and there isn't enough for him on the days he won't eat. If he was older, I'd say fine, this is what we're serving, if you don't like it don't eat, but he's too young to understand that. What do I do????
    Mom of 1, AJ born 4/12/07

Default Re: 11 month old won't eat some days

Any ideas?

We're down to feeding him just oatmeal at night because that's what he'll eat and a full belly helps him sleep through the night.
    Mom of 1, AJ born 4/12/07

Hi, Just wanted to say my 11 month old does this too. I think its pretty common. I remember this stage with my older two. I just really follow her cues. If she feels like eating she will I try not to push it. Maybe its teething, or their tummy hurts or they just dont feel like eating. The days my lo does eat she seems to make up for the days she doesnt. I just keep offering and try to make eating a fun enjoyable no pressure thing.
    Isabella Grace 4/3/07, Elijah 6yrs, Logan 8yrs