Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: stop solids?

Default stop solids?

Ok, I'm so conflicted...can I stop cereal if I've been feeding once a day (2tbsp) and go back to EBF? Benefits? Downside? LO is 5 mos and I thought I was fine with starting this young, but have been thinking today that maybe I'm not.
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Default Re: stop solids?

If you've only been doing 2 tbl of cereal, I think that you can definitely go back to EBF with ease. Solids in the first year are only for experimentation with new tastes and textures and new oral motor skills- babies don't need solid food until they're over (sometimes well over) 1 year of age.

You can definately go back to just BF.. I did it SEVERAL times. My dd had alot of issues with solids so bascially we would try solids for a few days and she would have issues and then we would go back to EBF for a month or so and try again. We did that several times.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

yep to all the above
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I can't think of any downsides. Do what your instincts tell you to do mamma!
    Mommy to E 12 , K 10 , A almost 6 , and Little J 20 weeks