Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: recipe for rice cereal?

Question recipe for rice cereal?

A friend of mine said she had a good recipe for rice cereal where you bake the rice first, but I haven't been able to get it from her yet and I'm eager to test it out. I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe where you bake the rice, or else, just a good way to prepare it. TIA!!

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09

Default Re: recipe for rice cereal?

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/cereals.htm

Warning...extremely LOUD process!! Also, I wonder if you could get the same results by cooking the rice first? I'm going to give that a try when offering brown rice cereal....I would think that the end product would be the same and it would be a lot let noisy to puree the rice, but I honestly don't know if it will be the same. I have done it according to these recipes and it was great!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

I used that recipe and, yes, it's loud to grind up that rice! But, other than that, I can say a little goes a L-O-N-G way. I have started a few times but my LO just isn't ready for solids yet but compared to the boxed plastic rice flakes, this is MUCH better. I know, I tasted tested them both!

Mommy to a princess, Isabella Sofia, born on 09/24/2007 and a prince, Lucas Gabriel, born on 08/04/2010.

Who fed me from her gentle breast
    And hushed me in her arms to rest,
    And on my cheek sweet kisses prest?
    My Mother. -Anne Taylor
    and (at work)

Just remembered I posted this Thanks for your responses. I'm glad to know I can use a food processor to grind the rice. I saw a recipe where you cook the rice first, but I would think it would be sticky/messy to then process it... Maybe I'll just experiment with baking the rice first. My friend said it gave it a nuttier flavor and that it tasted really good.

Thanks again

Jeanne (my middle name IRL)

Mommy to two girls (M & M), born Sept. '07 and Sept. '09