Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: what table foods did you give first?

Default what table foods did you give first?

just wondering what table foods did you give your lo first? and at what age? (foods that are not mushy like mashed patatoes etc).

Default Re: what table foods did you give first?

Well we didn't really start solids till 8 months or so... my lo pretty much wont eat purees except applesauce so she gets 99% table food.. of the 5-10 % of the solids she eats. She eats lentils, beans, pasta, rice, green beans, potatoes,carrots, broccoll, peas, peaches, pears, apricots, grapes, watermelon... rice crispies, organic oat tosties cereal ( bascially like cheerios), chicken and beef. Everything is cut or shredded pea size.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Re: what table foods did you give first?

At about 8 or 8.5 months, I let ds play with pureés that he could just smear around the tray. When he started experimenting with trying to put the more textured pureés in his mouth, we started with finger foods. The first was sweet potatoes-easily squished in the mouth.

Then I tried butternut squash and he did not like the texture at all, so we've shelved that for now, which is a shame b/c he loved the pureé. He choked and gagged on it's stringiness too badly. Scared me to death.

Anyway, we then did bananas after that, then I think avocados and pears which are a little firmer, but still soft enough if you get the right types. He now LOVES steamed carrots.

HTH!!!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!