Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Low Supply ?? Growth Spurt?? HELP FRUSTRATED!!!

Default Low Supply ?? Growth Spurt?? HELP FRUSTRATED!!!

Hey, you guys have always given me help ful advice when i have posted her before maybe you can help me again. my little guy is almost 10 weeks, up untill now and one time in the past this was his schedule, he ate every 3 hrs during the day and every 4-6 hrs at night. on sunday he slept prity much all day and when i tried to feed him he was totally not interested, he would just screme and pull away ect. now the past few days all he want s to do is eat and cry during the day, at night hes up every 2 1/2-3 hrs and im feeling frustrated!!! my hubby insists is low supply bu ti honestly think my supply is fine, not that i would really know how to tell. im thinking maybe a growth spurt but my lll girls said growth spurts happenat 3and 6 weeks adn 3 and 6 months?? so i dont know , i know every baby is diff to so who knows?? can you give me any advice???? thanks
    DH 09/18/04

SAHM to.....
    01/03/07
    01/08/08
    05/11/10

Some days i want to
    But most days I love my job!!

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you" declairs the Lord "Plans to Prosper you and not to harm you Plans for hope and a future

Default Re: Low Supply ?? Growth Spurt?? HELP FRUSTRATED!!!

The thing I learned about babies is.....there is no rule. Although there are general guidelines as to when they will hit growth spurts, teeth, hit milestones, etc... you can't say ok my baby is 6 weeks so now he is growing. It could be a growth spurt, it could be that he just wants to comfort suck, or he could just be hungry. There are several possibilities. Unfortunately, everyone always assumes that when a breastfed baby cries, it's because he isn't getting enough milk. I went through this, and I know several other moms did too. Don't let people make you paranoid. Watch his diapers. If he is wet and dirty as usual, then he is getting what he needs. I do have to say that I think it is pretty normal for a 10 week old to get up every 2-3 hours to eat. If he was sleeping for longer before, consider yourself lucky. My almost 10 month old still doesn't sleep through the night.

Has your diet changed at all? Something he doesnt like the taste of?

I was wondering the same thing, how do you know your supply is LOW!?
    I'll be watching this one, sorry I coudlnt help

CAYLA
    Mama 2 Allie who Self-weaned @ 2 1/2
    Korben Jon born 07/25/2011*

I agree...every baby is different. The ages and stages for things to happen are just guidelines. If he is having plenty of wet/poopy diapers I woudln't think that your supply is low. Also try to remember babies can sense your frustration. Try to stay as relaxed as possible, maybe even go back to some basic skin to skin and let him take the led. HTH.

My 7 week old is going through the same thing, I think it's a growth spurt too...because other wise he seems to be doing fine. Pooping and peeing on a regular basis. For the past two days, he seems to want to eat every hour!! he usually only slept a couple hours at a time or less but the past two nights he is not sleeping for more than 45 min. He seems to only sleep longer while in my arms...so needless to say I'm not getting much done...