Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anna asked her nanny to nurse her

Default Anna asked her nanny to nurse her

My poor nanny is only 19 years old and while she is supportive of my nursing my 22 month old daughter, I thought her head was going to pop when Anna started pulling at Ceci's (nanny's) shirt and saying, "Nurse! Nurse!"

Anna has just recently realized that people other than me have boobs. She has asked my sister to nurse her too.

Has anyone else's nursling ever asked someone else to nurse?

I am not bothered by it, just curious.
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Default Re: Anna asked her nanny to nurse her

All I know is my LO grabs at all ladies' shirts!!! Always has. He's 11 mo now.
    Proud first time Mom and wife at 40 and loving it. Made it BF to 1 year and going strong.

Tee hee! Glad to know it is not just MY LO who things all boobs belong to her!
    http://thesfamilychronicles.blogspot.com

"At the heart of motherhood is the kind of satisfaction unequalled in any other profession on earth."
    -Tina Neidlein

Isaac- 1/1/01 Nursed only 4 months, had no idea what I was doing.
    Nathan- 4/28/03 preemie, 1 month NICU stay and still managed exclusive nursing for 6 months, better.
    Anna- 4/15/06 Self weaned just after turning 3.
    Baby girl due May 14th

Before my nursling could talk, her older sister told Grandma that the little one wanted to nurse from her...
    Grandma didn't give it a go! But she sure thought it was funny.

I'm glad to see it's not just my daugther doing this! She is 14 1/2 mo and has just started asking my sister, who lives with us, to nurse. I wasn't really sure what to think as this is the first time she's ever done that.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

My guy asked at daycare in the fall! They didn't know what he was saying because he says 'opposite side' or 'opposide' when he wants to nurse. I told him that just like it is only Robert that nurses (not Batman, not kitty cat, etc.) it is only mommy that gives opposide. I said it for several days.

One night DH thought DS might want to go to sleep so he asked him if he wanted opposide and go to sleep--DS said "No, daddy, only mommy". It worked!

my littlest one doesn't talk yet but my mother was holding her at church sunday and wasn't paying attention. My little one latched onto her dress and was sucking on it. My poor mom had a big round wet spot. She was so embarrassed she put her sweater on So in her own way she was asking someone to nurse her

My dd never did this. Which is interesting because she WAS nursed by two other women a couple times. Nursing was, for the most part, only a part of her and my relationship. But clearly everyone is different. I've had other people's kids ask me to nurse... but those were kids who saw me nursing dd and wanted some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Piparue View Post
    my littlest one doesn't talk yet but my mother was holding her at church sunday and wasn't paying attention. My little one latched onto her dress and was sucking on it. My poor mom had a big round wet spot. She was so embarrassed she put her sweater on So in her own way she was asking someone to nurse her
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Katy, who will be 4 months tomorrow, goes after anyone and anything. DH is always getting sucked on! His neck & his NOSE get it the most!
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!