Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help...so frustrated with 15 month old

Default Re: help...so frustrated with 15 month old

If it makes you feel any better, my son at 15 months has become a picky eater even though he has always been a great eater. Mealtimes are a battle, he wants to get down and play or climb onto my lap, or climb on the table I think at this age it has a lot to do with making choices and asserting likes and dislikes.

I try to make sure that the things he does eat are nutritious. After nap every day we make a smoothie with whole milk yogurt, fresh fruit, frozen berries, juice, flax seed or Udo's oil, and powdered greens mix (cause getting greens in this child is impossible). Do you think your son would like a smoothie? It is SO tasty. You can load it with other things like avocado, bran, wheatgerm,etc.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

If he is eating eggs and drinking/eating milk/milk products (BM or otherwise), he will probably get enough protein. Meat is important for iron intake tough. I puree beef, mix it into pasta sauce and put it into my son's pasta to get him to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by danlynclark View Post

If it makes you feel any better, my son at 15 months has become a picky eater even though he has always been a great eater. Mealtimes are a battle, he wants to get down and play or climb onto my lap, or climb on the table I think at this age it has a lot to do with making choices and asserting likes and dislikes.

I try to make sure that the things he does eat are nutritious. After nap every day we make a smoothie with whole milk yogurt, fresh fruit, frozen berries, juice, flax seed or Udo's oil, and powdered greens mix (cause getting greens in this child is impossible). Do you think your son would like a smoothie? It is SO tasty. You can load it with other things like avocado, bran, wheatgerm,etc.

Thanks, I didn't know there was powdered green mix. Where did you buy yours?
    Proud mother to Xavier Brian

Quote Originally Posted by desperate View Post
    If he is eating eggs and drinking/eating milk/milk products (BM or otherwise), he will probably get enough protein. Meat is important for iron intake tough. I puree beef, mix it into pasta sauce and put it into my son's pasta to get him to eat it.
    Good idea! I'm willing to try anything.
    Proud mother to Xavier Brian