Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: no fridge in hotel

Default no fridge in hotel

Silly me
    I thought all hotel rooms had a mini fridge.
    I'm on a week long business trip and have been wasting my milk. I brought my pump and bags but have no where to store the milk but the restaurant upstairs and i don't want to ask them to store the milk. sigh.
    anyway i don't feel too bad cause i know i can make more. i just have to pump to relieve discomfort and not drink too much.

on another note. MY BABY IS 9MONTHS OLD!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGG
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    i just feel so proud. i'm really overwhelmed. Just yesterday she was peering in my eyes while she nursed. now she's cruising. I'm sure she'll walk at 10months because she's so quick and bold and willing to try new things.

yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    i'm a happy mommy

Default Re: no fridge in hotel

i was in a hotel for a week that didn't have fridges in the rooms. i did ask them if i could store my milk in their breakfast room fridge. my son was 4 months old at the time and i didn't want to waste any milk. one of the guys at reception asked me what they were storing for me. he was quite embarassed when i told him. congrats on 9 months. my son is 18 months now. it goes so fast!

You can get a mini cooler and go to the ice machine and then store the whole cooler in the fridge upstairs. OR you can get the cooler and some dryice and it will stay cold/frozen.

you could find a box and say its something else.

Oh, I am so sorry! I am traveling at the end of the month and you have put "Call hotel to make sure I can get a mini-fridge in my room" at the top of my list for tomorrow!

So many hugs to you!
    Clara Ann from 6/27/07 to 7/2/09

I would second the thought of running to the store and grabbing a ice chest and some dry ice... I know ALL the Kroger's here in Richmond carry it. I would hate for you to loose all that precious milk!

Tiffany
    Mommie to
    Brian Christian 4/12/06
    Bryce Alexander 11/8/07

back to work on Jan 7th and FIRED on the 31st!

'ing fool!
    http://www.virginiahypnobirthing.com
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y29...bymonster1.gif

I used to work in a hotel!!!

Perfectly OK to ask to have something stored in a fridge (restaurant/room service etc...) Believe me, they have seen it all, don't be embarrased at all.

Another suggestion would be to fill an ice bucket every day, but wrap your milk bags in a thin towel first to prevent frost burn.

And I'm happy you're a happy mom!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brayden Mommy View Post
    I used to work in a hotel!!!

Perfectly OK to ask to have something stored in a fridge (restaurant/room service etc...) Believe me, they have seen it all, don't be embarrased at all.

Another suggestion would be to fill an ice bucket every day, but wrap your milk bags in a thin towel first to prevent frost burn.

And I'm happy you're a happy mom!!!

I can just see someone going in the fridge and finding a Sperm Sample!

This happened to me in December.
    Hubby and I took a quick break from baby, and hotel did not have fridge.

So we filled the sink with ice and stored the milk in the sink. We left a note for the maid to not clean the sink. We just added more ice a couple times a day to keep it cool.

When we needed the sink to brush our teeth or wash our faces, we just used the tub instead.

The hard thing to figure out was how to fly home without the milk getting spoiled on the plane ride. Security let me take the milk though the checkpoint, but not the ice I was using to keep it cold. So once through security, I had to fill up with more ice. Luckily I had extra zip-lock bagies with me and found a very nice restaurant to give me ice.

I ask the hotel for a fridge and they bring a small one into my room when I tell that I have to store milk for my baby. Have you tried that?