Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been in tears all day because of this...

Default Re: I've been in tears all day because of this...

Crystal Light??!!

Is there a *smacks forhead* emote?

Every child born into the world is a new thought of God, an ever fresh and radiant possibility. ~ Kate Douglas Wiggin

Just when I needed insight there it is. We too just went the dentist 2 days ago (10 months) and I was shocked that our dentist suggested weaning except for food reasons. She told me to brush teeth before bed and I explaind that she nurses to sleep ( which is fine with me). She said " NO, NO mom she is using you. I thought Yes that is the idea! She instucted me to use a pacifer instead- that I couldn't believe. Weird thing, she also nursed her kids and just last summer when LO was a month old saw us nurssing at a swim meet encouraged me not to cover and be proud of nursing! Thanks for the links... we will surely check them out.
    PS- my DH, who is a medical doc, said since when are dentist giving out parenting advise! Way to go DAD
    wife , mom, maid , cook , taxi. All in a days work

What dentist in his right mind would recommend Crystal Light?? over human milk? What is he? some kinda nut?

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof3girls View Post
    She told me to brush teeth before bed and I explaind that she nurses to sleep

We brush before the nighttime nurse to sleep!
    That's what I count as 'brushing before bed'

If you decide to stick with your dentist or change to another one, I recommend you send you reasons for concern to him in writing. Mention specifically the recognised organizations that support ‘extended’ breastfeeding and forward a copy to his professional association.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeppers View Post
    What dentist in his right mind would recommend Crystal Light?? over human milk? What is he? some kinda nut?
    this continues to crack me up!!!! it's so absurd.

now, if only i could get crystal light to come out of my boobs...i'd be a huge hit at weight watchers and family picnics !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor-san View Post
    now, if only i could get crystal light to come out of my boobs...i'd be a huge hit at weight watchers and family picnics !!!!!
    I want mine to produce soft serve ice cream!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by NorasMommy View Post
    I want mine to produce soft serve ice cream!

we could open a stand

sorry

Angry Re: I've been in tears all day because of this...

Quote Originally Posted by PunkieGirl View Post
    He agrees that Aidan should be sleeping through the night and is just using me as a pacifier.
    I don't get this pacifier business! My 20 mth old is co-sleeping with me and uses me as a pacifier during the night. I mean what's so terribly wrong about that? It's beyond me! And why has everyone got to be sleeping through the night! Even adults don't sleep through! Mad!

Quote Originally Posted by PunkieGirl View Post
    Well, I discussed it with our pediatrician, who disagreed with everything except the night nursing.
    This dentist don't make any sense to me at all!! I know that teeth are less at risk from decay in the day time, cause you are constantly swallowing, and producing saliva, moving your mouth etc stopping the plaque from forming! I would have thought teeth are more at risk of decay at night time!! Because, there's very little movement in the mouth and the plaque gets to work!

What a back to front dentist!!!

I am glad you are getting another, he obviously doesn't know what's he's even talking about!