Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: cough

Default cough

ok,so my 5 year old was sick,and although he is better now,I apparently got the virus and I have a runny nose and feel congested. My 4.5 month old daughter started having kind of a runny nose and a *cough*-at least,it can't be something else. I continue breastfeeding normally,and do put her in the nose those drops with purified water for babies. Do you think I should take her to the pediatrician tomorrow? (today is a bank holiday and nobody works).

my son had his first antibiotics when he was 3.years old so I'm definitely NOT thrilled by what I see

Default Re: cough

I doubt a cough (from a cold especailly) is hearalding the need for a prescription Thankfully.

If she doesn't have any fever, and is behaving 'normally' I wouldn't worry. I'd just be mindful of it, watch if and how it progresses and go from there. Basically, if she's behaving fine, she'll come in contact with more nasties at the docs office, when she really doesn't need to.

BUT - as I always say, if you're worried a call to the doc is always warranted.

Here's
    a little info on coughs/colds from Dr Sears website
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

thanks,I'm gonna see how it goes

just wanted to say,for future reference for other mamas ,it turned out to be nothing,luckily

breastfeeding and its miracles