Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I a bad mommy?

Default Re: Am I a bad mommy?

You don't have to wake him up. When my little man isn't eating as much I usually lie down next to him when he's sleeping and offer him some. A lot of the time he'll latch on and eat in his sleep.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First time mommy of Robert Nicolas, now 9 whole months(), and loving it!

He's not fussy at all when I wake him for a feedig, matter of fact more times then not he wakes up until I put him on and then he falls asleep while he's eating.

I do feed when he wants more earlier then the normal routin but it hasn't been often at all. I do know it can and will totaly change and he will want more more often at some point during, after all growth spirts do happen

Thanks everyone for the tips, tricks, advice and opionons!

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Ok LLLadies --on this topic I have 2 questions to add. . .if you don't wake them for a feeding then, won't that affect your supply if for example you end up doing one less feeding that day?? Also, how do you NIP when you have a nosy, curious "I make friends everywhere I go" LO?? I had resorted to the car but now even that is arduous. He wants to try and get in the front seat and touch all the buttons and such. . .BTW DS is 11 months. . .Should I stretch the feeding times until he is hungrier? Right now we are at about every 3 hours.
    Proud first time Mom and wife at 40 and loving it. Made it BF to 1 year and going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by akramer View Post
    Ok LLLadies --on this topic I have 2 questions to add. . .if you don't wake them for a feeding then, won't that affect your supply if for example you end up doing one less feeding that day?? Also, how do you NIP when you have a nosy, curious "I make friends everywhere I go" LO?? I had resorted to the car but now even that is arduous. He wants to try and get in the front seat and touch all the buttons and such. . .BTW DS is 11 months. . .Should I stretch the feeding times until he is hungrier? Right now we are at about every 3 hours.
    Missing a feeding at this stage of the game I THINK is no biggie because your milk supply is in and knows what to do. I THINK it only matters in the begining when your first starting out.

I feed in the car when we are out as well...

Not sure what to suggest for you car issue LOL I'm not there YET!

Jake: Born 11/15/07
    6lbs 5oz ~ 19inch and 3/4's long

Quote Originally Posted by akramer View Post
    . . .if you don't wake them for a feeding then, won't that affect your supply if for example you end up doing one less feeding that day??

I would pump before waking up my sleeping baby! sometimes my lo goes 1.5 hrs or as much as 5 hrs between feeds...I feel that she evens herself out each day!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

Thanks!!! I appreciate it.
    Proud first time Mom and wife at 40 and loving it. Made it BF to 1 year and going strong.