Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: When is it ok to start DD on Yogurt?

Default When is it ok to start DD on Yogurt?

When is it ok to introduce 10 month old dd to yogurt. My other daughter loved the Yobaby yogurt but I don't remember when I introduced it. And then ice cream? And aren't you supposed to wait for cow's milk until 12 months? I am so writing all this stuff down now! Thanks in advance ladies!

Default Re: When is it ok to start DD on Yogurt?

I started my daughter on YoBaby around 8 months. She eats 1 4oz. yogurt everyday. She's never had a reaction or tummy troubles. Mixed berry is her favorite!

Cool! Something new to try with dd. She is 8 mo 1 week. What about cottage cheese? I'm really struggling with what to feed her. She is really into food. It is absolutely crazy how much she wants to eat our food. So far she's had:

cereal
    most #1 baby pureeds
    Have gotten away from jarred food and stated making my own

mashed potatos
    sweet potatos
    carrots
    bananas
    apples
    apple sauce - all natural no added sugar
    waffles all natural no sugar added syrup
    homemade french bread

Any other ideas would be great!

Sorry Happy Mom to 2 - to hijack your thread.

I recently read (although for the life of me I can't remember where) that milk "products" like yogurt, cheese, and cottage cheese are ok beginning at 6-9 months. Something about the way it is processed makes it ok. I don't remember exactly what it said. My 9 month old has recently developed a taste for it. He likes the peach and pear ones.

http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/tipYogurt.htm

I'd say, if you don't have a family history with allergies (mmmmh... this last sentence sounds weird english... but I'm sure you've understood, lol), if you don't, I think the info on the link can help...

I have started a couple of weeks ago with my LO (10 mo and a half), but I give him 'adult' yogurt, plain organic, and add fruits to it...

HTH!
    yes, my son comfort nurses, and I comfort forum!
    teeth counter now scoring: 11!
    WAHM (though hubby behaves like I'm a SAHM) to Luca Johannes, born 23/04/2007
    as well as his great-grandmother (23/04/1916) and his aunt (23/04/1972)
    - both delighted by the generational continuity...

Smile Re: When is it ok to start DD on Yogurt?

Quote Originally Posted by JJ Dyno-mite View Post
    Cool! Something new to try with dd. She is 8 mo 1 week. What about cottage cheese? I'm really struggling with what to feed her. She is really into food. It is absolutely crazy how much she wants to eat our food. So far she's had:

cereal
    most #1 baby pureeds
    Have gotten away from jarred food and stated making my own

mashed potatos
    sweet potatos
    carrots
    bananas
    apples
    apple sauce - all natural no added sugar
    waffles all natural no sugar added syrup
    homemade french bread

Any other ideas would be great!

Sorry Happy Mom to 2 - to hijack your thread.
    I don't know about cottage cheese, but I have this really great book that I got as a gift called "the petit appetit cookbook" by Lisa Barnes. It has some really great recipes for every stage and very easy instructions for making your own baby food. Some simple ones to try...avocados(really easy--just cut in half and scoop out insides and mash), pears, peaches, squash, zucchini. There are tons more but we've only made it that far (dd is 7mos). I made all my own food for my ds who is almost three and I wish I had this book then. It's funny how you forget everything....sometimes I feel like I've never taken care of a baby before!

GREAT THANKS LADIES! NEXT TIME I GET TO THE STORE WE ARE GETTING SOME!

We started cottage cheese around 10 months I think, and he loves it. The large-curd kind is easy for him to pick up.

We started plain yogurt around 8-9 months. For ice-cream I would wait until 1 year since the proteins in it are not broken down like the ones in yogurt and cheese.