Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Yo-Baby, Simply Plain

Default Yo-Baby, Simply Plain

I saw this advertised for babies 6 months and older - so I bought some and tried it on my 7 mo. The first time she tried about a tablespoon of it - her cheeks got all flushed. Her older sister used to do this with all new foods, so I sort of ignored it, and it went away. I gave it to her for two more days in a row and there was no reaction, so I thought we were in the clear. On the 3rd day, she broke out in AWFUL hives all over her face....they lasted for about 1/2 hour and then went away. I'm terrified that now she will have a milk allergy. Do you think that maybe she's just too young and I should try it again in another month? I do intend talking to the pedi. about this at her next visit, but I don't want to have to put her through all kinds of allergy tests!

Default Re: Yo-Baby, Simply Plain

List ingredients please.

Here are the ingredients per their website. I threw out the remaining yogurts.....

CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC WHOLE MILK, PECTIN. CONTAINS OUR EXCLUSIVE BLEND OF SIX LIVE ACTIVE CULTURES INCLUDING L. ACIDOPHILUS, BIFIDUS, L. CASEI AND L. RHAMNOSUS

And she has been non reactive to dairy thus far? Or this is the first time?

This is really the first time she has had dairy. She has been EBF thus far, so no formula....

If I were you I'd avoid for now.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Number3 View Post
    If I were you I'd avoid for now.

And if you think its an allergy - also consider eliminating all dairy from YOUR diet.

My DS was "only" getting some contact reactions from yogurt and we (stupidly in retrospect) kept waiting a few weeks and then offering yogurt again as well as giving DS cheese. And then we (again stupidly in retrospect) gave DS cows milk to drink after he turned one which made him sick. At that point we finally saw an allergist and found out that DS is allergic to cows milk (as well as several other things). We now carry an EpiPen everywhere for DS.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)