Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Sweet potatoes

Default Sweet potatoes

I posted earlier about my daughter reacting to sweet potatoes (homemade). When I mentioned it to our doctor she said it sounded more like a bug and to wait and offer it to her again when it seemed that she wasn't sick. Well the other day I offered her half a jar of it mixed with a bit of cereal and set her up in her exersaucer. She spit up a little bit but not nearly as bad as the first time (3x). The next day however she had horrible BMs that just ate at her bottom. She also had a red ring around her anus. Isn't that a sign of food allergies? I've decided to hold off a while yet for sweet potatoes but was wondering if winter squash would have the same affect?
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!

Default Re: Sweet potatoes

I know that we get fast poops off sweet potatoes with an allergic reaction. No squash reaction so far. I honestly did not know that squash and potatoes were related.

Default Re: Sweet potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by carpentergirl View Post
    I know that we get fast poops off sweet potatoes with an allergic reaction. No squash reaction so far. I honestly did not know that squash and potatoes were related.

I'm not sure that they are. That's why I'm asking. :LOL: I don't see how they could be though.

K so nevermind my post :LOL:

But does the red ring have anything to do with allergies?
    ~*~LaDonna~*~

Wife to David 08.10.03
    Mommy to Elijah 12.4.05, born 3 weeks early and who self-weaned at 16 months
    Milk Bar to Liliana 08.10.07

♥Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone~♥

I'm a mama and proud of it!