Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thank goodness i found you!!!

Talking thank goodness i found you!!!

i'm new to the boards and have spent every free moment reading for the past 24 hrs.

i have a 7 1/2 yr old and a 1 1/2 week old. both times i have had a tremendous over-supply of milk. everyone tells me how i should feel blessed but when you go through almost a week of engorgement and you leak an oz a day it's hard to still see this. luckily, we are mostly on top of the situation this time due to 5 minute pumping on one side before feeding and sticking to block feeding. (had no idea there was a name for this, just figured this out with the first one)

anyway, it's amazing to find this msg board and to see that i'm not the only one with this much milk/series of issues. i feel so relieved to be among others who understand!

to other mamas with over-abundance, do you find you often suffer from mastitis? i am just recouperating from my first bout this time, and i would say i went through it at least once a month for 19 mos with my dd. i really don't want to go through that on a regular basis again.

[ j ]

Default Re: thank goodness i found you!!!

We are so glad you are here! Congrats on your new baby!

Moms with oversupply do typically suffer from mastitis more. I hope this does not happen to you this time around. Hopefully your experience will help!