Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Phoenix AZ

Default Phoenix AZ

I hope this is the right place for this post.

I Private messaged most of you about getting together from time to time like a BF support group. I would really like to get something going with a couple of moms in my area. I spoke to a Lactation Nurse on Friday and she suggested getting inrolled in a BF Support group to get over my fear of NIP. She also said it would benifit to have local moms to call if any of us ever needed help. I looked up LLL (thus how I found this wonderful site) and all I could find in my area was monthly LLL meetings but most of the meetings had nothing to do with what I need. IE Pregnancy:Preparing for Nursing-Im already Nursing. Tandum Nursing-Im only nursing one. So these meetings dont help me. Maybe you guys know of a support group already in progress. If so PLEASE refer me!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Default Re: Phoenix AZ

Hi Mommyofmyboys,

The topics at regular LLL meetings rotate between four general themes (the benefits of breastfeeding, bringing the new baby home, avoiding difficulties, and nutrition and weaning) but each meeting is there to help the mothers who come with any of the individual concerns they might have. Many times at meetings, by the time we check in with each mother and discuss the various situations, there's no time left for the planned topic! And that's totally OK! Attending LLL meetings can be a great way to gain confidence nursing in public. It's a safe, comfortable environment and chances are, some of the mothers who are there have probably felt the same way. And even if the meeting centers around something you already know (such as getting ready for nursing), you might be able to help another mother with some reassuring words of your own.
    If you do decide to give an LLL meeting a try, be sure to let us know what you think.
    Mary

Default Re: Phoenix AZ

Really, GREAT thanks. I have a local one coming up March 27th I may give it a try! Its at the library so my other son will be busy lol! THANKS Mary