Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: food???

Default food???

My LO will be 8 months next week. I have been for the most part making her food from what we have (of course hers is before seasoning). We have given her several foods already, such as green beens, sweet potatos, applesause, pears, peaches, bananas, carrots, squash, & she has even had a little bit of prunes. I am wanting to try some others, just not sure what. Please help. I have heard that they shouldn't have meat until they are at least 1 and I know corn is very hard to digest so I didn't want to try that. I guess what I am asking is there anything specific I should stay away from? Or does anybody have any suggestions of something new to try?
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Default Re: food???

what you heard about meat is incorrect. From everything I have read your baby is old enough to have meat products.

yeah, my lo is 9 months and he eats chicken?

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

I love the website www.wholesomebabyfood.com . It tells what lo can and can't eat at what age, recipes from pureé-making to more complex meals, the nutrients and benefits of eating each food, and which manner of cooking (ie. boiling, baking, steaming, etc.) each food brings out the best flavor.
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

WE didn't really start solids till 8 months... we did meat.. beef and chicken, pasta, rice, beans, fruits, veggies, dry cereal like organic O's and rice crispies.
    I thought LLL even recommenced meat as a first or second food.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Apples slices were a favorite of ours at 8months. They kepts him busy forever and were so NOT messy he could sit on the couch or bed and chew on one. Also cheerios weren't on your list and they were such a clean easy staple. And they kept him so busy. We also were doing watermelon and Yogurt by point. and pears!HtH!

Way too lazy for formula

I have been wanting to try cherrios, but am a little nervous as she does not have any teeth yet. We hve given her some of those puffs and she does like them. I thought about refridgerated apple slices to help her with the teething, I just haven't yet. Thanks for all the ideas!
    Jen 30 ~ wife to Gary
    step-mom to 12 yo Hayden
    mommy to 1 yo Lilly

Goals:

We made it 1 YEAR!

My Lilly Bug is offically 1!

trying to quite but still

Loving & & ing

Cheerios dissolve pretty quickly - the fact that she doesn't have teeth should not make a difference - she can gum them and mush them until they can be swallowed. My LO is 7 months this week, and I just started giving her cheerios. I do break them in half or sometimes quarters for her -

Quote Originally Posted by lilkins View Post
    I have been wanting to try cherrios, but am a little nervous as she does not have any teeth yet. We hve given her some of those puffs and she does like them. I thought about refridgerated apple slices to help her with the teething, I just haven't yet. Thanks for all the ideas!