Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: is she to young to start biter biscuits?

Default is she to young to start biter biscuits?

I want to EBF for 6 months... but I don't want to be a calendar watcher either. My LO is teething (shes got 2 bottom ones so far) and I wanted to know your thoughts on starting those biter biscuits at 4 months. What do you think? I don't think that is enough to make her constipated... do you?
    "The biggest mistake a man can make, is to have the fear of making one" Unknown

Being "just" a mom is the most powerful thing I could ever do, and it makes me the happiest person I could be.

Josh 9/02
    Ben 7/04
    Lily Shes Walking 10/07

232*230****225****220****215****210****205****200* ***195****190********180

Default Re: is she to young to start biter biscuits?

I'd be careful, because the ones I've looked at recommend waiting until the baby is crawling, tummy off the floor, before giving them. We tried some around 9 months, but he likes O's better (maybe just because he was used to them). I'd be hesitant about giving anything before she can sit unassisted.

Default Re: is she to young to start biter biscuits?

My ped suggested that my LO skip the "teething biscuits" because when they get a chunk off, they can choke. It is better to wait till your LO can handle chunkier foods. She suggested crackers to gnaw on when her teeth are bothering her. They "melt" when a piece comes off. Hope that helps.
    All I do is
    But I could not be happier!!

Mom to
    Sophia Olivia (9/26/07)
    34 weekers:
    Samantha Jane (9/24/09)
    Jillian Elizabeth (9/24/09)