Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Buttered Toast okay?

Default Buttered Toast okay?

I was eatting toast for lunch today and dd2 was eyeing my food. So, I tore off a tiny piece, the size of a cheerio. Is it okay? I mean she is not even 7months old, but seems very interested in my food.

There are not wheat allergies in my family and it was white bread.
    Becky ~ 33 Dh ~ 37 (my little geek of geeks)
    Dd1 ~ Brittney 5yrs aka Bunny
    Ds ~ Xander 3yrs aka Xaxu
    Dd2 ~ Bailie 1yr aka Dede

Still going 14months later.

1yr goal and save $2200 average.

Default Re: Buttered Toast okay?

I would think the issue, if there is one, would be with the butter not the bread. Since white bread is basically stripped of everything, the dairy would be what would possibly cause any type of reaction, but if your LO has no problem with dairy, then there should be no problem with the toast... I'm no expert by any means, so hopefully someone else will come by.

I forgot about the butter and the diary thing. I will just give her dry toast then. I do know I just know she loves loves food. I put her on the scale yesterday and she is 15.4lbs she is up 2lbs since January.

I have not called my dr but how much food should she be eatting for 6.5month old. I do not remember what dd1 ate and ds was not on a "normal" diet when he was her age....(med. reasons). I have been giving her 1/4c of cereal mixed with pear juice and her vitamins, a half jar of food at lunch and half jar at dinner. She is not nursing as much during the day but at night she can not seem to get enough milk.

She may be filling up on solids too much during the day and making up for it at night, I know that DS did that when MIL was feeding him solids behind my back, he wasn't taking enough milk from the bottle because he was getting too many solids.

Actually, wheat is a huge allergen for LOs. So the bread AND the butter could be problematic. The general recommendation for wheat and dairy is to wait until the baby is at least a year old. I think you can try a little wheat after 10 months if your LO has had no problems with the other gluten-containing cereals like oats. But...I could be wrong about this. I'm sure someone will put me straight if I am!
    Andrea - mama to Laith 02.20.07 and Sommer 01.21.11
    'Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.' - Noam Chomsky

oh, i thought that if it was white bread, the "stuff" that could cause and allergic reaction was stripped out.

beats me...i just keep with the cheerios and stuff...LOL she just loves food. today she polished off 2 4oz jars today. Then she nursed about every two hrs for 10min or so. I put her on the scale and she is 15.4lbs and 6.5months old. It is no wonder she is in size 3 diapers now.

I'm certainly no expert but based on what I'm reading that sounds like a lot of solids for a 6.5 month old. Ultimately however you need to do what works for you and of course talk to your ped about it too.

I know that I am not an expert either, but my almost seven month old is eating right now 2oz of rice cereal once a day...
    : breastfeeding mamma to our second daughter Gwendolyn Rose born 3/26/10 and to my 31 month old sweetie Alayna.

Default Re: Buttered Toast okay? update

I went to the ped. today and she said my lo should be eatting one 4oz jar of food and cereal a day until she is 9months then she said we can add another 4oz jar.

Anywho, she is 15lbs and 26in long woohoo