Quote Originally Posted by godsgirl4you View Post
I just wanted to thank you guys for the tips and encouragement. My daughter has been supplementing for a week now and is finally gaining weight. She is now 10lb 1oz after 7 weeks with her birth weight being 9lb 7oz. I have tried everything I know how to...counselling, pumping, fenugreek, reglan, increased water intake, increased good fats, skin to skin, eating the daylights out of oatmeal, heat packs, warm showers, breast compressions...I could go on. I could not produce what my daughter was needing and when I thought I did she was still not gaining. With supplementing she is finally sleeping, smiling, and making noises of happiness and contentment. I tried pumping to keep up the supply and giving it to her as much as I can and she stopped wanting the breast she only would take to the bottle so I pump and pump and am drying up already. Thank you all for your thoughts and advice. I guess now my request would be prayers for me as a mommy that feels like no matter how hard I tried I could not give my daughter what she needed. God bless all of you and dont give up.
God bless,
Melissa
You gave your daughter exactly what she needed...an awesome, loving mama!