Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tried all I can try...:(

Default Re: Tried all I can try...:(

Quote Originally Posted by moonbaby View Post
    you gave your dd the best start in life. And despite all the hurdles you're STILL giving her your BM . I'm happy to hear your lo is happy with a full tummy. Your dd was born pretty big...I always think it's harder when babies are born large because their stomachs are bigger and need more milk right away. That's just my theory.
    Yeah - I think thats an old wives tale. They're all born with about the same, marble sized tummy. Some just have voracious appetites... But that is just speaking from experience in having an 8.5, 9.1, and 10.3, selection of birthweights
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

You are a great mommy, do not for a minute let yourself think otherwise. You and your LO are in my prayers. Focus on loving your LO and enjoying your time together.

I don't know if it might help your healing process to write to the hospital administration and LC to let them know how poorly you were treated and the problems it caused you.

Quote Originally Posted by godsgirl4you View Post
    You guys are so wonderful. I dont have any of my family or friends here with me so hearing these words from you all is so uplifting to me. I did want to mention that I did not have the greatest start. I was injured by the lactation consultant that "helped" me start off after my c-section. I dont want my situation to scare new mommies because I really think if I had this board earlier on with everyone's advice tips and encouragement I recieved and was not hurt I would have had a better chance. So you new mommies keep going you will do great I am sure.
    Just a thought, but your story reminded me alot of my little sister, who just had her first baby in December. She was unable to produce enough breastmilk too, because of severe anemia. She tried pumping and it was working for awhile, but then baby ended up in the hospy with RSV and she and her DH got very sick at the same time, and it all went downhill from there.

I just talked to her a couple of days ago, and she's STILL having problems with anemia even though its been 3 mos and even though she was given a blood transfusion after giving birth. She hasn't been able to produce enough breastmilk for her dd, and eventually stopped completely.

I've been thinking about it, and I'm wondering now if she's prone to being anemic anyway...her symptoms seem pretty familiar to how she's felt in the past pre-baby, though not so magnified, and it seems like a real possibilty to me.

So anyway I just wanted to share that on the off chance that you might want to get yourself checked out for that. If you were anemic, and it could be corrected right away, it might make all the difference with milk production if you wanted to try to bring your milk supply back later on.

Mama, you're doing great! Feed the baby is the most important rule.

Just curious, what happened with the LC?

You are a great mama...as PPs said any bm is GOOD bm! :-)

Just wanted to tell you to enjoy your sweet baby girl!! Don't beat yourself up! You are a FABULOUS mama!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wanting3more View Post
    Mama, you're doing great! Feed the baby is the most important rule.

Just curious, what happened with the LC?
    The LC bruised my breast really badly. She did the sandwich technique and I had full hand prints on my breast. Which resulted in bloody nipples which took over a week to heal up. That breast never produced like the one that was not injured as bad. I did contact the hospital when they sent me a survey and the LC called me herself and just made everything out to be my fault. She said that I must bruise easy...I dont...she said she has never had a complaint from her staff or patients...she has a very intimidating personality so I could not imagine many people wanting to stand up to her...she is also the supervisor. Due to that I was in alot of pain for the first couple weeks which made it very hard to start off with. So on top of that I had a ton of other issues that have made it hard but I have definately tried my very best I think atleast I pray.

My first son REFUSED to nurse. I feel your pain. You did good mama!

The LC bruised my breast really badly. She did the sandwich technique and I had full hand prints on my breast. Which resulted in bloody nipples which took over a week to heal up. That breast never produced like the one that was not injured as bad. I did contact the hospital when they sent me a survey and the LC called me herself and just made everything out to be my fault. She said that I must bruise easy...I dont...she said she has never had a complaint from her staff or patients...she has a very intimidating personality so I could not imagine many people wanting to stand up to her...she is also the supervisor. Due to that I was in alot of pain for the first couple weeks which made it very hard to start off with. So on top of that I had a ton of other issues that have made it hard but I have definately tried my very best I think atleast I pray.
    So sorry that happened to you

I'm sorry that happened to you.

A nurse in the hospital where I had my baby kept pinching my nipple really, really hard and then telling me to relax. Aaarrgh!
    Beth

Exclusively pumped for Lance Oct 07
    Nursed until just before he turned 3 Levi Oct 09

Do you have extra milk? Consider donating!
    http://www.hmbana.org/:

"So I was welcomed by the consolations of human milk; but it was not my mother or my nurses who made any decision to fill their breasts, but you who through them gave me infant food, in accordance with your ordinance and the riches which are distributed deep in the natural order." -St Augustine