Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: wake n feed

Cool wake n feed

Should I still wake him every 2.5 to 3 hours?

He's 7 and a half weeks old, and now that he pretty much has his schedule worked out, if he's hungry, he'll wake up, right? I've pretty much been following the Baby Whisperer book, which I love, and we've pretty much got a routine down to where I can predict when he's gonna want to eat. The only time I question myself is when we're in the car, and have been for about 2.5 hours, and he's fallen asleep. Should I wake him at the 3 hour mark to feed him, or let him sleep until he decides it's time to eat?

Just curious. As of right now, I still schedule our outings around our feedings, so it's not a big concern until I'm ready to NIP (when he stops being so noisy during feedings, snort, snort, grunt, sigh, coo)
    Hi there

I'm fomally milk_milk a SAHM of Donevyn Shane

We never get any housework done
    Thank heavens for the Daddy

We're back to , with the crib attached as a side care... Hooray! He sleeps through the night this way!

Please help make our children a little safer... Sign this petition!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/859052987

Default Re: wake n feed

I think at this point, you're safe to wait until he wakes up. Your supply is established and it sounds like things are going beautifully!
    Mother - Wife - Artist - Cook - Writer - EnvironMENTAList - Cloth Diaperer (but we are soooo done with diapers) - Organic Health Nut...I'm sure there's more.

DD1 - 12/15/05 Breastfed for 16.5 months
    DD2 - 8/6/07 Breastfed for 3 whole years and 3 little, extra days.

Default Re: wake n feed

I asked the same question to my doc and she said that as long as your LO is gaining ok and thriving...let your LO work out their own feeding schedule.