Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Nursing Position for Large 9 MO

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

Default Nursing Position for Large 9 MO

We're feeling a little squished. He is the size of, well, about/almost the size of a toddler. Help! My back is killing me. I'm hunched over in our glider and he's feeling the squeeze, I bet.

TIA(I just wanted to put this smily-too cute.)
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Default Re: Nursing Position for Large 9 MO

we lie down on my bed or on a couch belly to belly! with my arm up under my pillow! she is more comfy and so am I!
    -Katie

-Wife to Joe 5-15-04
    -First time mom to Courtney Ann 8-12-07
    -Became a mom of 2: Brendan Joseph was born 01-08-09
    -Breastfed both of them for one whole year
    -Now a new mom of 3: Emily Theresa born 12-14-11
    -Breastfeeding again and hope to go the full year!

My LO is 11mo, sometimes I prop up a bunch of pillows and sit indian style pn the bed and put him in the cradle position. I almost keep his head a little over my knee so it is slightly back --this way he is less inclined to bite --I got that from the kellymom site.

Good Luck!!
    Proud first time Mom and wife at 40 and loving it. Made it BF to 1 year and going strong.

Where the Wind Comes Sweepin' Down the Plain

I would do these if he slept in my room. He associates nighttime and naptime nursing with his room. If all else fails, we can try these as part of a new piece of our wind-down ritual. That wouldn't be so bad, I suppose. Thanks!
    **Margaret**(the artist formerly known as mommamags) Mom to red- and curly-headed, blue-eyed, chunky-thighed Michael Thomas, 24 May 2007, 9 lb/22 in. As an infant, he was my little suckling pig. Now he's a total ham!!!

Try not to hunch over. That will strain your back and neck.

Could you use a stool or short table to help you raise your leg up? Then you could use your leg in place of a pillow to help lift your son's head to your breast.

When babies get a little longer, their feet tend to dangle off your lap when you're sitting up. You get used to it.