Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crying

Default Crying

Hello Everyone,
    My baby started to cry and get fussy everyday at the same time and I was wondering if that means anything. Someone asked me that question before if i see a patern.....
    Thanks
    Ivona

Default Re: Crying

Totally normal- it's the " Witching Hour" or in our case the nursing marathon from 5-10.

Are you unable to soothe your baby?
    Allie, moma to Owen born 11/23/2006 and breast feeding ever since. .

No time for flash cards! ~fun and learning for toddlers and preschoolers.

Oh yeah, totally. I could set my watch by the exact moment DD's head started spinning around like that little girl in Poltergeist. I don't mean to make light of it, it's very frustrating when you're going through it. Also completely normal.

Cluster Feeding and Fussy Evenings
    My baby is fussy-- is something wrong?

I used to joke about it to keep my sanity. DP would get all edgy and ask what was wrong with her. I'd tell him, "It's global warming."
    Erin (32), breastfeeding CLW, knitting cloth-diapering crocheting, heirloom tomato-growing philosophizing poker-playing feminist artist mama to my 19 month old daughter! Baby #2 due January 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Google316 View Post
    Oh yeah, totally. I could set my watch by the exact moment DD's head started spinning around like that little girl in Poltergeist. I don't mean to make light of it, it's very frustrating when you're going through it. Also completely normal.

I used to joke about it to keep my sanity. DP would get all edgy and ask what was wrong with her. I'd tell him, "It's global warming."
    haha that's a great attitude. i have to remind myself not to let those crying spurts get to me. they can really be consuming. physically & emotionally....i'll have to remember that one.

Hi I am new to the forum. MY DS was born 2/13 and am exclusively breastfeeding. My first son 8/04 poor suck and pyloric stenosis and BF with Nipple shgield till surgery at 11 weeks My second son 5/06 constant engorgement and sadly I quit at 10 days due to pain and bleeding and probably guilt over spending less time with older son
    Happy to say we are doing well but he is clusterfeeding and seems to have a very hard stomacjh and pain during this for the last two days. Not really spitting up. When poops very forceful and loud. I am concerned that I am making situation worse by letting him go on me so much. Too much food? too much gas? Any advice would help. Thinking of giving a pacifier next time?

He stops crying when i pick him up and just carry him around or of course give him my boob. He doesn't want his crib, doesn't like the bouncer, sometimes he will stop crying when I put him into a swing but not for long. he just wants to be held and wants to eat.
    I took him outside yesterday for the first time and he was also crying for the most part. maybe it was the time of the day. I tried the pacifier but he doesn't like it. Yes, those crying moments can really get to you...i try to stay calm too

Have you seen Dr Karp's 5 S's for Calming the Crying Baby? SO useful to have a go-to guide during the witching hour!

5 S's To Calm the Crying Baby
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivona View Post
    He stops crying when i pick him up and just carry him around or of course give him my boob. He doesn't want his crib, doesn't like the bouncer, sometimes he will stop crying when I put him into a swing but not for long. he just wants to be held and wants to eat.
    I took him outside yesterday for the first time and he was also crying for the most part. maybe it was the time of the day. I tried the pacifier but he doesn't like it. Yes, those crying moments can really get to you...i try to stay calm too
    It sounds like he may be "high needs" which simply means that at this point he really isn't ready to be separated from you for any length of time. Remember, even if you held and fed your child for 12hours a day, that is still 50% less than what they are used to. I would recommend looking into a sling or wrap. And the one I would suggest is the MOBY. They are the best at keeping a newborn right next to your heart and mimicking the feeling of being in your womb. But I was able to successfully wear my son in one until he was 25lbs at 10months so there is certainly room for grow. Plus they are versatile, cheap and will work for any size frame. This will leave you hands free. SO the baby can bee with mama all day but you can still get things done! Good Luck! HTH!

Way too lazy for formula

Quote Originally Posted by Mom23boys1 View Post
    Hi I am new to the forum. MY DS was born 2/13 and am exclusively breastfeeding. My first son 8/04 poor suck and pyloric stenosis and BF with Nipple shgield till surgery at 11 weeks My second son 5/06 constant engorgement and sadly I quit at 10 days due to pain and bleeding and probably guilt over spending less time with older son
    Happy to say we are doing well but he is clusterfeeding and seems to have a very hard stomacjh and pain during this for the last two days. Not really spitting up. When poops very forceful and loud. I am concerned that I am making situation worse by letting him go on me so much. Too much food? too much gas? Any advice would help. Thinking of giving a pacifier next time?
    hi there! welcome to the forums and congrats on getting through a couple weeks of breastfeeding so far!

my DS was the exact same way at that time. your LO is still so young, the clusterfeeding may be baby just trying to get used to it all, taking in little amounts at a time. remember, stomach is super tiny and needs time to grow. baby could also be going through a growth spurt and is feeding so often to get your milk supply ready. so keep right on feeding.

as for the hard stomach and pain,...this can usually indicate gassiness which is very common. mine was verrrrry gassy too. and just started to get a little better with it at 9 weeks old. just be sure to burp in between feedings frequently.

oh! and those explosive poops are normal. when my LO rips one, it still makes me jump ....especially when they happen in the middle of a diaper change. watch out!!

those clusterfeedings can be exhausting but keep on feeding on demand & hang in there! you're doing great!

(also u may want to repost this as a new thread. you'll probably be able to get more responses that way.)

Great tips hank you ladies!!!