Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Reversing day & night feedings

Question Reversing day & night feedings

I have got a problem. My 4 month old son has a feeding schedule that is all out of whack. He used to eat every 3-4 hours at night and every 2 hours during the day with several small naps spread throughout the day. Now he eats every 2 hours at night, every 3-5 during the day and only 2 small naps total.
    He is really fussy too. If anyone can help me with this that would be awesome. I can't go on like this. I'm absolutely exhausted.

Default Re: Reversing day & night feedings

my lo nurses more at night b/c i am at work all day. but it sounds like you are at home? i don't have advice for changing his schedule/needs but for me, in order to not be exhausted, i nurse pretty much while i am sleeping. my dh gets up when lo wakes in his cib (it's in our room) and he brings him to me. i barely move! sometimes dh picks lo up after he is done and returns him to his crib, other times, lo just stays in bed with me and nurses again a few hours later. it's the only way i am not exhausted.

Yep, same here. Except we cosleep, so I just roll over or put DD on top of me. If you have a hard time side-lying, try putting him on top while you are on your back. This is kind of what I do: http://www.biologicalnurturing.com/i...ite-locked.pdf

L e i l a, married to hubby, loving our "bock-ee" kinda girl, 6.23.06
    Learn about the prepuce before you have a boy.
    Dental issues? Find out how to Cure Tooth Decay.

Four months is a prime time for a change in sleeping and nursing patterns. You might find this article helpful:
    http://www.kellymom.com/parenting/sleep/4mo-sleep.html